AMD Announces Radeon R9 Fury Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    Why does the Fury X even exist? Seems redundant....kinda like the Titan X / 980ti...except the Titan X has double the ram.

Anyhow I will say that if I was building my comp today, it would be a tough call between my 980ti and this card....

2. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Any edible games for both cards currently or sooner?
    My wallet asking?

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Hmm, looking like a winning product thus far. I do have to wonder if future driver releases will increase the gap with the Fury and FuryX or not?

4. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Good review from the perspective of reviewing similarly priced competitor products and also use the latest drivers available for both. [​IMG]
    http://pclab.pl/art64759.html

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I think they do not like how small supply Fury X has. So they do not want to invest resources to making custom PCBs till there is steady flow of chips.
    I am used to Sapphire and my Kung Fury X is from Sapphire too.
    I think it is quite good review, and they even used 15.7 driver for "Fury" but as it exactly matches "Fury X" in FarCry 4 1080p and GTA 5, I think they did not retest Fury X on that driver as this driver gave me big boost on 1080p/1440p and that is likely reason why performance difference shown in those tests is so small on lower resolutions.

I am too lazy to read Polish to see if they mention somewhere which driver was actually used for Fury X. But since sites often have to return review samples, it is quite possible Fury X results there are really old ones.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  6. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    It's summer sale in most country... 980Ti is 50Euro to 100Euro cheaper than Fury X in shop because it start selling too close to the sale and NVidia have not.

Right now no one buy Fury X or talk about it and in august all partner will be closed (only working on the current stock).

So nothing is wrong, it's just that AMD haven't look at asiatic and european calendar (or cannot do better).

To see if it is wrong you will have to look in september if there is still only 2 partner or not.

7. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I have a feeling that this card will be equal to or surpass the x model.
    I just hope it has good over voltage support.

8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  9. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Well, similar performance definitely shows driver issues but heck, even noticed performance differences with my 285 with 5.7, playing at very high details on GTAV (ignoring vram suggested limits) and I usually got between 40-60fps at 1080p (no aa) and that was with 14.12 omega and briefly 5.5 (didn't really seem to make much difference 5.5, just increased min fps but didn't improve max) but 5,7 I'm getting average 50-70fps and obviously the 285 is the baby brother of fury being gcn 1.2.

We can certainly say that with how the 7000 series have stayed relevant for so long, gcn 1.1 and 1.2 are no doubt going to show good longevity too, we're already seeing newer drivers improving the 290/390 as well (I did pick my card up for a bargain a couple month ago though, £149 when it was being sold for £189 at the time).

It's going to be really interesting to see how gcn 1.2 matures and what AMD will bring out next on the smaller lithographies (just imagine what Fury really could have been like at 14nm for example).

I actually reckon the Fury line is just a stop-gap measure that was released in response to the 980ti, give it 6 months and we'll see some crazy cards come out by AMD, I know it.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    reading up some it seems its just a tad faster as an o/c 980?
    it seems to be priced about right

11. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Reference 980 ... Custom 980's are a tad faster. As the reviewer from one site stated:

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    The review are all over the place right now ... But when you look at them you understand why..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    hey lane :)
    yeah seems right in a good price range and a good buy

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This comes out how long after the 980's release, 8-9 months? So this gpu should benefit from driver updates of which could possibly put it ahead of the 980 by quite a bit, no?

Though i suppose by then Nvidia will be readying the 1080gtx-ti or something a-rather.

16. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    just a thing: Sapphire and Asus sell maybe 85% of the AMD gpu... so it is not bad.

17. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Probably my next card (s)

Faster than 7970 Xfire anyway

18. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

There may be some performance headroom with these too in later drivers, as they make better use of the extra shaders.

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    I'll wait autumn oct-nov for maybe low price,maybe 500$, and some performance increase in Windows 10.

The card is good for an Gtx 980 rival,and with some mature drivers in later months will be much better.
    I guess with Windows 10 final release this Fury card will explode on DX12 games. :D

20. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    980 TI is the one to get...