AMD Radeon Adrenalin 19.11.2 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rich_Guy, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Download:
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-11-2-driver-download.html

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.11.2 Highlights
    Support For

• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™
    Fixed Issues
    • Some specific map areas or cities in Player Unknown’s: Battlegrounds™ may intermittently experience stutter or performance drops.
    Known Issues
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay may cause stutter or screen flashing on some applications.
    • Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
    • Performance Metrics Overlay may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
    • Invoking Radeon Overlay may cause games to lose focus or become minimized when HDR is enabled within Windows®.

HK-1, LocoDiceGR, OnnA and 4 others like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's profiles for Detroit: Become Human, Need for Speed Heat, Star Control, Star Wars Fallen Order and a minor correction to RDR2.EXE -> RDR2.exe for Red Dead Redemption 2 under the PXDynamic category and HighPerfGPU flags for preferring the dedicated/desktop card over the integrated/onboard card if applicable.

About it for Atiapfxx.

PUBG bug fix (Or performance fix perhaps more aptly.) and support for Fallen Order plus a acknowledgement on the black screen issue not just for multi-monitor display setups for the 5700 series and I think that about covers it. :)

Might be more unlisted stuff but seems like a pretty small driver update from the prior one overall and probably moving to the December driver although whether 19.12.1 will be the 2020 driver or a later one well we'll see.
    (And whatever name it will get this time.)

Undying and Jackalito like this.
  3. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    On previous driver you mentioned there is a profile for rainbow six siege with vulkan renderer, is it still present in this driver?

Anyone here playing siege on TTS? Does it have vulkan renderer? Personally, overall, i do not care about TTS, i'm patient person and can wait until new season is officially released.

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Same performance as 11.1
    Overall good release.

The Outer Worlds = OK
    Forza H4 = OK

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Jackalito likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the Siege Vulkan profile is still in these drivers, sounds like the previous update to the game even included it but it was removed again so it can't be too far from a public launch now.

Jackalito likes this.
  6. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Thanks for info.

I did some digging and turns out they released TTS with vulkan but they received a lot of crash reports from players who had vulkan enabled so they disabled vulkan. I assume probably players didn't have drivers updated to required versions being one of reasons for that.
    Anyway, if someone wants can play on TTS with vulkan, it requires to rename game's vulkan executable to name of main executable and it will run.

Jackalito likes this.
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Great, thank you!

8. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    4 months (July 7 2019)
    unacceptable.

MaCk0y likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's lessened but still a fair number of Navi GPU owners who do hit this problem with the GPU losing display signal or the driver resetting, raising the TDR time is just trying to mask the actual problem though the cabling and way the card can draw additional power was part of the issue as was the X400 AMD motherboards with incomplete PCI-E 4.0 support (Later bios updates seem to have removed this though resolving that as well.) though there's still something with the drivers themselves and either hardware or software.

My own crashes were almost entirely resolved with the surge protector on the motherboard normally recommended to disable when doing extreme overclocking as Asus refers to superpolling on the PCI-E though if later drivers do update this rate akin to Ryzen and how the CPU readjusts itself constantly I can see how that might also trigger a safety shutdown and reboot although it'd be entertaining to know just how much this differs between 19.7.5 and newer drivers.

GPU can occasionally hit a bit of a WTF when powering up the monitor again although not as bad as sleep or hibernation continues to be a issue and there's the rest of it ranging from multi-display issues, lower workloads and how boost behaves, D3D9 and also video playback both with ReLive and DXVA2 and from there to ongoing hardware acceleration issues such as CEF including Discord and various web browsers and such.

Polaris, Vega + Radeon VII and there's certainly room for more fixes, excellent hardware but I am curious if the software side wasn't pushed a bit too early and a delay for two - three months might have been much less problematic although overall a lot of users are doing just well with the GPU's but the number of issues and confirmed problems are also a thing and it needs to be resolved since it's hard to recommend a GPU that might hit a number of usability issues which impacts both performance and stability until this gets sorted out.

EDIT: Wattman and the fan settings are a bit so-so since 19.7.2 too and that's for Navi, other GPU's well they're doing...stuff. Plenty to resolve there as well.

EDIT: So yeah new architecture and new problems but it's taking a while to resolve making it hard to recommend the GPU fully despite it's performance which is pretty impressive but the software side just needs a bit of work. :)

Not the best at explaining, there's probably a bigger mix of potential problems too and what else needs to be resolved in the drivers themselves, getting there but it's not 100% problem free even with the current drivers.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  10. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    Did they return Radeon vii overclocking in watman? Disabled since 19.7.5 version.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm interesting, the reading I've done only recommends 19.6.x as the later drivers see a regression in clock speeds and performance from trying to overclock it but not that overclocking is missing from later drivers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dwe09u/radeon_software_adrenalin_2019_edition_19112/

12. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    Read owner's thread here:
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd/1717848-official-amd-radeon-vii-owner-s-club-176.html

Watman disregards any frequency above the default max boost of 1800Mhz, starting from above 19.7.5.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm interesting that it happens with 19.7.5 since 19.7.1. is where Navi is supported also using Overdrive 8 but with changes to how Radeon VII is using it which is where I would have expected functionality to start breaking depending on how much code is shared and how the API is used since the Radeon VII uses states whereas Navi is freely using the whole range of core clock frequency.

Lack of support and fixes for both that and the way the memory issue has remained in the open issues section for new drivers don't really do much to affirm AMD is actually going to fix it either.

14. Oversemper

Oversemper Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7
    They always do a big driver's overhaul towards year's end. So my hopes are with amd radeon adrenalin 2020 or whatever it will be called. However, I admit that I'm absolutely comfortable with 19.5.2 which works and overclocks perfectly on rad7. Even RDR2 works alright on 19.5.2.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That also works even compared against drivers a few months old it's generally not too big of a gain performance wise in newer releases especially if weighted against known issues where the user does lose performance and other problems including stability concerns at worst well that is unless a upcoming game is just a mess or broken in some way on current drivers but that's rare and it's not like Radeon Settings or Wattman is changing significantly either and underlying code and updates mostly go for newer GPU models which for the last four months now it's mainly been about AMD Navi and 2 - 6% if even that to current PC releases AMD is supporting plus some bug fixing and Vulkan extension support here and there.

16. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    So ungodly amazing how just a few short months ago AMDS' highest end gpu "RVII" was all over their drivers for updates and improvements, etc.... now I cant even OC in wattman with said card. Completely crippled on purpose to sell more navi based gpus. Great thinking AMD.. im so glad I got this GPU for sub 400$ cause it really is just not worth asking price.

17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    The statement is not even totally correct. It's not just "during gameplay". It happened randomly even when idling but I guess it would look too bad if they stated that. The first two days from when I bought the card were a nightmare. Luckily found the 19.7.5 driver that did not have the issue and now I am on 19.10.2 which are working fine bar the downclocking. There are still users experiencing the problem on the newer drivers on the AMD forums. Not upgrading to any driver until the downclocking is fixed or the new edition drivers. At the least for me the backup go to driver is from October now not from half a year ago.

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    In the past, issues with cards, like say Wattman and the RVII, the issue usually get put aside as they get close to December, and they get fixed when they introduce new drivers. So I'd suggest we just deal with it and await the new driver base.

OnnA likes this.
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Installed these today no issues here whatsoever using 580.

Wintermut3 and LocoDiceGR like this.
  20. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I'm not sure if this is placebo effect or something has actually improved but after clean install of windows 10 1909 i notice games run smoother. In some cases noticeably slightly higher fps and frametimes. Maybe in this build of windows cpu scheduler is better optimized for ryzen 2 (i'm using 3800x) and that's why i notice such changes in comparison to 1903.

OnnA likes this.