AMD adds Star Wars Battlefront to Fury X as bundle as well

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    I thought AMD doesn't sport these game giveaways. I got nothing when I recently bought my 390. Makes me a bit bitter when 970 buyers at the same time got their game of choice. But that's life, I guess.

3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    I don't really think your missing much by not getting Battlefront. The PC version of the game looks dead. The subreddit gets like 5-6 threads a day and nearly all of them are about how matchmaking is broken. Plus the game on PC only averages 14K concurrent players daily, which is terrible. I'm not even sure how they are going to justify additional DLC and stuff.

Having played the beta and a little bit of the retail -- the game looks and performs excellent graphically, but the gameplay has all kinds of design issues. They could have literally just skinned BF4 with Starwars stuff and it probably would have been more interesting than what they ended up releasing.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Free game is a free game though. From a business point I personally think the beta was a massive mistake.

I would have bought it if it wasn't for how shallow it felt in beta. Compared to BO3 theres just nothing there in SWB and even BO3 isn't doing too well players-wise despite a wealth of options.

5. Ursopro

Ursopro Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 WindForce3
    Star Wars: Uprising for Mobile & Tablet is pretty fun!!

6. hapkiman

hapkiman Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'm actually having fun with this game. And the graphics are amazing! Best game ever? No. But it is decent and definitely worth being FREE.

:)

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I got a free copy of Battlefield 4 when I got my card... Some cards get special's, some don't... the same is true for both brands.