AMD A10 Hybrid Crossfire

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by robtorbay, Sep 3, 2015.

1. robtorbay

robtorbay Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980ti SLI
    Hey all, I have been looking at making a mid/low end gaming system for a few friends and came across an APU + Hybrid Crossfire article which drew my attention.

Has anyone had any luck with this setup? I remember once upon a time when you could do hybrid crossfire with the integrated video chip on some AMD based mobos, but that was something to be desired if I remember correctly.

Is there a list of cards which can be used for crossfire with AMDs list of APUs?

Thanks all!

2. Pyrium

Pyrium Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 970 GTX 4g
    I see no one has posted anything, but this is what I found out. It is no longer Hybrid Crossfire but "AMD Dual Graphics Solutions".[​IMG]

3. Pyrium

Pyrium Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 970 GTX 4g
  4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I had a 5800k with a 6750. Although AMD will tell you the highest support at the time was the 6670, the 67xx series were also supported. It was not horrible, but a lot of microstuttering. At the time also, even with 2 gpu cores I still felt that the CPU part was holding the crossfire back a bit. My suggestion, is go for the highest APU with fast memory, or go with the Athlon FX APU and add your own gpu to it for budget costs.