1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amd 7970 screen turns grey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by heroxoot, Aug 15, 2012.

1. heroxoot

heroxoot Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    on 12.7 beta driver (2.0) and this has happened twice now. Not sure the cause but the screen just turns grey. I was watching netflix and I could still hear it, but the pc was frozen as I couldnt alt+f4 or anything. It just kept playing netflix. Also I have the lightning so it has lights on it showing its activity and all but 2 stop being lite.

Is this a driver issue or what? My card is running stock.

2. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Try the leaked driver from july 19 or 12.4 i had the same issues with 12.6 and 12.7. 12.4 was fine and the leaked driver from July 19 is great.

3. yoe

yoe Member

GPU:
    GTX1080 2.15/11.1
    The same problem at my config, it happens on every driver above 12.4 (yes at the leaked ones July 19 the problem is still active). I think it's a driver issue with specific system configuration, it's not adobe flash or something like that problem related. Just a little hope that grey screen jumping will be fixed in the cat 12.8.

4. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    july 19 will most likely be 12.8.