AMD 4x4 new pics!!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by thecake90, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    I would assume the HD's are in a giant raid to avoid slowdowns. You wouldn't want a system like this on a single ata hd running all those programs ;)

2. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    You could run 2 raid 5 configs :O......Pure Speed!!

3. Jacku62

Jacku62 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 690
    1 word.... OVERKILL...

honestly it looks good from the reviews... but omg... 8 processors? whats the point? i mean unless your running quake4 on 1 monitor then Cod2 on another while doing some spreadsheets for your company and hosting a server while playing a movie for your family... i mean who does that? lol....

i might, (might being a keyword there) look into getting something like this but i know for a fact unless there is a program that will run all 8 processors or whatever i wont need to upgrade till 2010.

4. COOSTA

COOSTA Master Guru

GPU:
    GT650m 2GB

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    uuh.... sorry to say, but that's nowhere near what the AMD 4x4 boards are going to be. they're more than likely gonna be socket AM2 boards supporting up to DDR2 800 (maybe higher), and...... you know.... PCI Express. everyone knows there were dual-processor boards out there. the difference is that these boards are probably gonna have two separate HT busses for each CPU to each CPU's own separate memory....whereas i think the older dual-processor boards shared the same bus between both CPU's.

6. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080 Ti
    @ Elemental..

It has been speculated that AMD will move to the new Socket F LGA-1207 platform but yet we still have no info on it.

BTW do you think that AMD will put the new set of instructions into their CPU's (SSE4)

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    would be nice. i hope they decide to release it also more towards the general consumer market. would be awesome if dual core dual processor supporting motherboards were always readily available. i honestly think it will do better than a single quad-core..... ESPECIALLY in the AMD flavor.

8. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Yes, of course.
    They still have the crosslicencing deal with Intel (Intel gets AMD64 instruction set, AMD gets SSEx (x=1,2,3,4,...n)

9. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    At a briefing in Munich late last week, AMD revealed that the 4x4 will start around $1,000 and will run on an NVIDIA chipset. A cool grand will get you two dual-core FX-70 processors, with the FX-72 and FX-74 costing a bit more. A fourth CPU, the FX-76, will appear during the second quarter of 2007. German site golem.de reports All four CPUs are 90nm parts with 2MB of L2 cache. The clock speed on the new CPUs will range from 2.6GHz on the FX-70 up to 3.2GHz on the FX-76. taken from this page http://www.pureoverclock.com/story.php?id=946

and another article here http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35011 talks about SSE128

I know about the source but it's an interesting read.

yet another article http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?page=2&articleid=891&cid=1

more http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4943

Last edited: Nov 15, 2006
  10. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    are AMD going to be releasing a 1cpu 4 core cpu ? i dont like the idea of having to buy 2 cpu's when 1 cpu is expensive enough.

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    if they release a version for the general consumer that can use X2's... that'd be excellent. with the recent price cuts due to Core 2 Duo, they're actually not THAT expensive anymore.

12. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Elemental whats that 3800+ like? can you tell a diffrence over a singlecore?

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Didn't know it was such a hot topic. last month I was in the USA with NVIDIA, they had a couple of 4x4's running ..

Have a blast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Mabye a bit exsesive with the fans :S

15. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    What about the release date??
    Any info Mr.Hagedoorn

16. scm2ejm

scm2ejm Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970
    Anyone else notice the lack of SLI bridges? I heard that the 2 on then 8800gtx are either for daisy chaining on a board like this, or for simulateous read/write. Any ideas?

17. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    yea i too just noticed the lack of sli bridges. still would be really sweet to have a rig like that but hte sticker shock might give some people a heartattack lol.

18. dan182

dan182 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Connect 3d X1900 XTX
    is that mobo for sale? would be mighty fine for my college is project...

19. woodward

woodward New Member

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT x16
    ahh thats what i call sweat, yea pm me the price of the board, if i had 2000quid to waste id deffiantly go for that board and some of those gfx cards hehe

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    SniperDaws: i don't really notice too much of a difference over my old socket 939 A64 3700+ San Diego core.... probably mostly benchmarks that would show the difference. multitasking might be a bit more responsive....