AMD 4x4 new pics!!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by thecake90, Nov 13, 2006.

1. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
  2. chrismeyer

chrismeyer Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GT 512meg
    nice board i wonder how much it costs. would be sweet to have a rig like that nvidia one

3. Patriote

Patriote Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 580GTX DirectCUII
    Well....I dont know what to say about this...

4. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    So thats got the NEW 680a chipset.... nice, like the 4 graphics cards:invasion: :invasion: :invasion: ...but what about AMD/ATI 4x4?

5. Agent_D

Agent_D Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    hmmm.... isnt the intel quad core on a single processor? kind of disappointing to see that all it is is two dual core processors, old technology brought to new technology. multi cpu boards have been around since the PII days or longer.

and isnt it a bit odd the cpu fans dont look to be spinning, you can plainly tell the 120's in that one pic are spinning, but the cpu fans look to be off every time.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2006
  6. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    I think they have a quad core chip that can run in this board... hence 4 X 4.. two 4 core chips...

7. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Thats quite a bit of money lol.

8. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Yeah.. bit odd ...hey, maybe the new AMD chips run sooooo cool that the fans only spin up when the chip is stressed!!!??? :invasion:

9. ultimate360

ultimate360 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7900GT KO 256MB
    All I can say is...WOW!
    I wish I had that. :)

10. Agent_D

Agent_D Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    hahahaha, ah, that would be sweet, two 4 core processors.

11. shodai

shodai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7950gt 550/1400 w/vf900
    My CPU fan (stock HSF) doesn't spin at idle. Good airflow ftw! :D

12. Snooper

Snooper Master Guru

GPU:
    2xASUS EN7800GTX
    I think the first dual CPU board where Pentium MMX I had 2 Pentium MMX 233's sitting on a Tyan board I think it was Socket 7 but I can't recall what a beast that thing was lol...

I remember buying a 4MB S3 video card for it bragging that my video card had more memory on it than my dads 386 had total memory on the board. Oh the good ole days.

I can't recall the hard drive or memory specs I remember my dads computer at the time had a 40MB HDD insane compared to drives today 500GB lol feels like yesterday some times damn I'm getting old that had to be over 10 years ago now maybe less.

I remember upgrading from that machine to the 500MHz PIII when it hit the market because a few months later I went to work for Intel at the DuPont plant as a hardware engineer or something I was doing compliance testing for Windows 2000 when it was still in Beta for Intel server hardware.

13. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    With all those fans in the door..... wow. Thats gotta produce some heat.

While its not all in the same chip, does it matter to most end users? You still have 4 cores, and you also have better memory management (memory controller on board, memory bandwidth not shared on one fsb between 4 cores). The inquirer had an article on it, and I think it makes a lot of sense.

Of course when the numbers come out for performance I may not be all that impressed with the AMD 4x4. But there are some concerns I have for how Intel does it.

14. RossCorp

RossCorp Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570GTX SLI
    Wow, with 4 gpu's and 2 quadcores, i can see why they have all the fans! It probably needs at least two high-end psu's as well. I'm not going to say I wouldn't take it if it was given to me, but this looks like another toy for the uber-rich to play with. As for me, I'm still happy and proud of my recent upgrade! Keep the new tech flowing!

15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    i'd honestly much rather buy a motherboard that supports two dual-core processors than a single quad-core processor. each of those CPU's seem like they'd have their own HT Bus, their own memory, their own on-die memory controller.......

edit: and i don't think it was ever said to be quad cores. if i remember correctly.... last thing i read from NVidia about 4x4 is that it works with dual core as well.

edit #2: and i just now noticed that thing's apparently not running X2's....

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006

16. Agent_D

Agent_D Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon VII
    well hopefully it'll be great, from what i've read elsewhere, it includes two northbridges, one for each processor, and having 2 seperate of the other will probably do wonders when it all comes together.

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    hmm..... i'm also not liking the placement of the 24-pin motherboard power connector. hopefully when this stuff get's released to the public, the manufacturers will move that elsewhere.

18. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    OOh wow they are using Socket F platform. Hmmm.... i wonder if AMD is going to make the transition to 65nm and add the SSE4 instructions into their CPU's

Forgot to mention the killer Nvidia Quadro thingy over there. Did anyone notice how many HD the comp has ???/ damn..

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  19. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    i decided to ignore that fact due to possibility of having the urge to track down that PC and yoink it.

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    IM loving how many Sata Ports there are :O!!!!!!