1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ambient Occlusion through CCC

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vejn, Sep 1, 2012.

?

Would you like to have Ambient occlusion in CCC

1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    Let devs handle it, I'd rather have AMD fix their current features rather than new ones that aren't needed.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Great job Japamd !! Thank you so much.

3. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GB V64 Gaming OC
    Awesome, japamd! Gonna try it out on my main rig, and my other AMD GPU rig with a HD6990. Won't be able to do so till perhaps a few days later, end-of-year closing of books and such......I'm one busy camper!

4. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Huh? What the hell? Of course.

5. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080

Uh what?

What if I don't like what the game devs implement? What if I want to add on to what they already put in? What if I want to use MLAA instead MSAA to save performance? You can't count on devs at all.

A lot of games still come without any AA or AF options, especially AF.

Not all games offer good in-game options.

Forcing things in CCC have always caused problems in very few games.

6. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    Maybe your memory is weaker, driver supports them enables them ingame automatically no need to adjust it inside the CCC as long as u need ultra quality. Most of the PC games support these features u dont need a specific driver to enable them seperately.

7. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1070 mini/290x
    depending on the method used for AO it can be very light on the system, I have seen it work on a 6670 ddr3 at 1440 res without any noticeable perf hit in a couple beta's I have been in(6670 was the card in my work rig)

thats fine, i gotta wonder why you even install CCC if you dont believe in tweaking your game profiles yourself...

funny, under my 8800gts512mb I forced AO on alot of games, never found one it broke, some it didnt work on, but never saw it break them, and you may have 140+ steam games I have a bit more then that on steam alone, not counting retail games, gamers gate, gog, greenman gaming.....to name a few.
    http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/unasalusvictus

you must not play any older titles or titles that havent had modern features patched in yet......

I inject SMAA into alot of games, some it dosnt work, others it works amazingly, again, being able to force/inject features into a game should be at the users discretion since many developers are either to lazy or to busy to add these features to the engine itself.

clearly you dont want more knobs to twiddle.....

funny, its in my nvidia cp for my 8800gts and has been for years....(since the 8800gts 512mb was a top card infact)

yeah like that.....guess you would have needed to own an nvidia card to know that tho.

fxaa sucks, sorry but its blurry as hell, try SMAA its nice and crisp, also either nvidia really changed the AO for the 400 series cards or your full of it, I used it all the time on my 8800gts512 back in the day and the perf hit was negligible and many older titles looked ALOT better with AO....

actually the fellow is correct, AF dosnt apply to many titles if you dont force it in driver, known issue, but really a non-issue for those of us using radeon pro ;)

8. elitesix

elitesix New Member

AO is a no brainer.

It really adds to the visual quality of older games immensely. It certainly adds to the newer ones as well if the dev did not implement it.

I didn't realize how much I'd miss it after going from sli'ed 275s to a 6970 (my case didn't really have proper cooling for the sli anyway), especially playing older games. The presence/lack of amd CCC Ambient Occlusion will be a big deciding factor in my next video card purchase.

9. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    regarding the nv AO... um... which games!? not all games would take the same hit, & i thought you cant force it on games that nv hasnt made an AO profile for? (therefore you wouldnt see it breaking a game)