Amazon Launches Fire TV Stick 4K with new Alexa Voice Remote

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Strange Times

Strange Times Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 UV
    play despacito

3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    anyone got/tried Sling TV?

4. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX560 4GB
    I have the previous generation one and it runs hot. Does a great job with 1080P and I live in a raised ranch and have it located downstairs on the opposite end of the house. Had it for about a year but recently the remote has a weird delay. Taking the batteries out and re inserting them seems to fix the issue for a few days. I have KODI Kryptonite or whatever it's spelt and all the shows and movies for Free! I also have AMAZON PRIME and impressively loads movies within secs without stutter and I have basic cable/Internet. I got it since I'm a PRIME customer for $20 Quad core and like 2-4GB of Ram and the graphics for video games is amazing. I use a cheap knock off version of an Xbox game controller that use BLUETOOTH and it's awesome. You can also use it instead of the remote but I like using ALEXA to find me movies and tells the weather etc.

0blivious likes this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    ^^ I just recently bought 4 fire sticks (1080p) and a wireless Xbox One controller for my PC. I hadn't even thought about connecting it to the Fire Stick. I had only tried Crossy Road through the amazon remote and to be honest, it's pretty impressive gaming coming from a little stick meant for video streaming.

Like Airbud, I'm also mildly curious about SlingTV. I'm a cord cutter and I need my local sports back. The MLB and NFL blackout all local regional games, even for streamers. But, I can watch any other teams except my own. It's madness.

6. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 Nitro+LE
    I use Sling and where it is not perfect, It is get for my needs. Many options ans you are in full control of adding packages and cancelling them. I recommend giving it a try. Should be free trials.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I have the 2017 Fire TV stick and I've never been impressed with it. It's been extremely laggy since the day I got it. The updates to the UI have made the experience with it less than ideal. I've since switched to a Mibox that uses the default AndroidTV home screen. It's much more user friendly imho. Everything is laid out in a way that's much more efficient and logical, unlike the Fire TV Stick. I'm not concerned with 4K, as I don't own and have no plans to own a 4K TV any time soon.

8. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    Coming from Rokus, the amazon layout is indeed pretty awful by comparison. My Fire sticks have been snappy performers though.