Am i screwed?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Draconis., Mar 10, 2012.

1. Draconis.

Draconis. Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950
    MY GIGABYTE HD 7950 was defective so i requested an RMA to newegg. They accepted it and i placed it in for a replacement..

I used a disposable VISA card to purchase it for $489.99.

Then all of a sudden they change my RMA to a refund of only $440 (?).

Since the card cant have funds put back on it. am i screwed? oh not only that.. They won't refund me for the whole card's value..

I sent in the card with EVERYTHING Original... jsut as im supposed to...

2. bonob

bonob Master Guru

GPU:
    radeon hd 6970 2 go
    perhaps the refund policy is based on the hardware price at the moment they did the refund, not at the price you pay. On all case you hav to read the conditions of sale they applie on the site to be sure.

3. auggie dog

auggie dog Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Evga GTX 670 FTW
    I never used one of those.But im sure if you call them and explain what happened they will send you a check.And i bet they charged you a restocking fee thats why they only gave you $440 or the price dropped on that card and they gave you the new retail price.I would call them and ask them to honor the orignal price.Newegg is good and will usually honor your request if your a good customer.

I bought some crucial ram .They next day after they shipped it they started giving away a nice crucial ram cooler with all crucial ram,I emailed them about it and they sent me the ram cooler.Newegg is pretty good at trying to keep their customers happy.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  4. Draconis.

Draconis. Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7950
    I'll call them later today or on monday. And this REALLY sucks. If i cannt get either my $490 or my 7950 i will be forced to scrap my entire rig.

5. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    by law, they have to give you a full refund on the value/price you paid at the time. even if the price fell by half the next day.

if its a old card you do not have, that should not be a problem has they can give you a refund via cheque or via a new card.

6. auggie dog

auggie dog Member Guru

GPU:
    2x Evga GTX 670 FTW
    What about excepting another brand 7950 thats in stock if the Gigabyte is out of stock

7. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    When I had to RMA a video card through Newegg I did not get charged a restocking fee to get another card of the exact same brand and model, but when the second card failed in a week and a switched from a sapphire card to a gigabyte card I did get hit with the restocking fee.

8. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Well since the card is in for replacement, I don't think you'll get a refund at all. Maybe the value is of the 'new' card that will be shipped to you? If you asked for a refund then they'd have to give you the full amount.

9. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  10. bobkn

bobkn Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB
    I appears that Newegg switched the RMA to a refund because the Gigabyte card is out of stock. They hit you with a "restocking" fee, as if you'd requested the refund yourself.

I hope that things get adjusted to your liking when you call them. (May have to wait until Monday.)