am i guilty for not having a Facebook account ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by anticupidon, Apr 20, 2012.

1. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Since we are talking bad about facebook, might as well toss this info out there.
    The "share this childs picture and Facebook will donate X amount per share" is a hoax. Tell your girlfriends or wives to stop doing it and report it.
    http://thatsnonsense.com/blog/?p=168
    Actually don't share anything that was previously shared. Only you can prevent viral nonsense. :p

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Just an evolution of the e-mail hoaxes.

Personally don't get the hate for Facebook, think many are trying to go out their way to be different or just following others.
    Unless you and hate all your friends and family, or don't have any, even then you could still use one as some sort of personalised movies, tech, or games feed.

3. blackthesoul

blackthesoul Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080ti
    @anticupidon - Totally agree with ya buddy :)

i think it was more about the previous privacy/security flaws they encountered and the forced ads which made me throw in the towel on facecheese over a year ago :banana:

also like a few others have said,. useless 'status updates' like ... "i have just eaten a potato", or "i like toast" is not the sort of 'update' I like to see all day long :bang:

i thinks its split down the middle, people who use facecheese for work, family etc and use it as a 'social networking site'....
    .... then theres the other half who just use it as a vain excuse to post pictures of themselves [not usually anyone else, just selfshots lol] to 'bump' their popularity, " i haz 20,15664 friends" - none of which they actually know though or have ever seen! lol

i have no time for facecheese anymore,. nor the mass it attracts, i have a few email accounts and a couple of phones, im sure if i need to contact someone i can do it without using facecheese :banana: , hell even skype is a better alternative [For me!] :)

Disclaimer:
    look, before anyone takes this personally. its a bash only at the demograph stated above, and if you take this to heart,. you may be the one posting the irrelevant 'status updates' :)

/end facecheese rant :)

aside from that, facecheese WAS good. in the same way Google+ IS good ATM, every dog has its day :)
    facecheese is all about the profit now, and keeping their 3rd party investors happy .... [whoownsfacebook.com] :puke2:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  4. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    "am i guilty for not having a Facebook account"

Do you Feel Guilty? If so...Then, Yes....If not, Then No....

5. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well.... if we are going to semantics... then he IS guilty of not having a Facebook account, just because he doesn't.
    Is it bad? well, not at all.
    Is it good? maybe. it depends.
    Is the question just a tad important for me to care? No.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    last month my boss wanted me to create a FB account, i simply said NO, and if you want to fire me go ahead cause it's not going to happend.

he looked surprised for some reason, then he said.. how about Twitter? i replied.. no thanks, i hate birds. :D

he actually laughed and said it's ok no big deal, not a big fan of social networking eh?

lol nope [​IMG]

7. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    i hate birds

...i hate birds...

...-I HATE BIRDS-...

epic answer of the year

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    apparently birds were drawn to "Saint Francis Of Assisi" .. yee, no wonder when he died they found his habit spotted with bird droppings. :grin:

[​IMG]

i really hate birds with a vengeance even in real life, must've said it a million times here on guru3d lol the chirps drive me crazy, it's the only thing that make me lose my self control, birds are my enemy and so is twitter lol

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I hope you never live in the countryside like me where the birds are the ones that wake you up ^^

10. Jayaitch

Jayaitch Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 460
    World of Warcraft Player - 5 hours a day = Classed as a loser

Facebook - 5 hours a day = Classed as "Normal" ........... ..... ... ... ...

Facebook is the cancer of the internet - it has brought stupid, ignorant people to a playground where they would not normally go and do not belong.

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    the unjustified hate towards fb is amazing really.

12. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Don't think anyone classifies people who plays WOW as a loser for 5 hours a day, it's the fact it's usually much much more.

Based on people i now who play it, or used to play it i would still say FB is much healthier than WOW though, but only if your talking to people you actually know.
    The same bored, attention seeking people who used to spend all night annoying their friends with phone calls or texts are now doing it on Facebook instead, which for me is a massive positive as that is much easier to ignore :)

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the more people hate FB and Twitter the more successful they becomes, everyone will want to try the damn thing just to know WHY people hate it so much.

and then they get hooked and love it.

unfortunately hate works in favour of Social Networking. :bugeye:

sexy HAHAHAHA [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  14. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    I despise fb.

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    [​IMG]

I don't understand all the hate either. This is 2012 not 1912!

16. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Twilight is a massive financial and popularity success as a series. Does that make it immune to criticism or ridicule?

17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Obviously no, nothing is, but since that is all down to personal preference it's hard to argue something is good or bad, especially if if its just because you personally don't like it, as there are likely millions who would hate and ridicule you for your like/loves.

If you you don't like it, then fine, don't use it, but we all have to remember that we all have things we like that others think is silly or idiotic, and the glass houses rule applies to most of us.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  18. GSB

GSB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I gave in. too much moaning from friends which must stop! so i joined facebook :D

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    [​IMG]