Am i good to go with this config?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sinattractive, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Is metro exodus a heavy cpu game?

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    No not all its all gpu in metro.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  3. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Thanks man
    Cheers

Tyrchlis likes this.
  4. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Thank u all for your useful comments i think i got my answer i must consider a serious upgrade as soon as i can.
    Cheers

Tyrchlis likes this.

5. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    That is completely ridiculous.
    The thing is an old QUAD CORE which can -barely- hold in modern titles, let alone stuff that will launch in a few years time.
    Also, as the OP himself pointed out, the IPC of that CPU is barely able to match Zen 1 IPC, which is somewhat outdated already... (and wasn't that great to start with)

Overclocking will also increase power requirements massively on these ancient platforms, not to mention that it might not even work at all due to the CPU being very old.
    Also, a much better cooler is needed, probably new PSU as well to avoid his ancient PSU from blowing up from an already stressed out system.

---
    To OP, the only advice is:
    SAVE YOUR MONEY

Stop investing even a single $ in this outdated PC !
    Play with it whatever it does run in an acceptable manner, spend less on other things and save your money... and when enough is there, do a proper upgrade to at least a 6-core /12t, but ideally aim straight for a decent 8-core /16t ( 3700X should get even cheaper in the next months ), DDR4 16 GB (which is cheap these days), and whatever GPU is okay at that time. Probably new PSU as well, I wouldn't trust a 9-year old psu !

gmavignier and Sinattractive like this.
  6. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Damn right.A proper liquid cooler costs as much as a new modern motherboard in here. BTW u wont believe it man my psu is an 650w ablecom workstation model which it came out at 2006 i bought it from a guy who was diasambled an ancient xenon server and to this date it almost has fifteenth years old. Its a damn miracle that it still doing strong and its stable 24/7 :-D

650W-EPS12V-ATX12V-13-switching-power-supply-unit-Ablecom.jpg

7. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Guys, OP stated he lives in Iran, maybe there life isn't all about having the latest tech.
    We simply forget so fast that the part of the world where is a conflict, political or civil war people shift their priorities.
    We can say the same thing, but choosing better wording.
    Aren't we forgetting that a guru is first and foremost a person with a life with complex structure, goals and priorities?
    Yes, all the above is correct, upgrade paths are perfectly explained. But take a step back and think outside the box.
    Why am I saying this? Because I did exactly the same, grilling someone about getting this and that, and I've met the person who I was talking to about upgrades (I visited him ) He barely had enough resources to eat, drink and clothing. I felt like a giant douche...
    Sorry to slightly derailing the thread, but I could help myself.
    Cheers,

Sinattractive likes this.
  8. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Much respect for u brother yeah here we have much higher priorities like getting enough fuel for our cars cause fuel here is extremely expensive ,having a place to live and other basic human needs they are all challenging for 90 of the population and i have a wife and baby boy to feed so this ancient rig was all i can offer in a while.You won't believe if i tell you some people here still gaming on core 2 duo and some other dreamig about getting a used PS3 or Xbox 360.Well im not looking for charity or any sort of donation all im trying to say is u must try and be happier and more thankful that u live in part of the world that keeping up with the technology is not a dream for 90 of the people.
    Thanks brother for ur empathy
    Much respect from me and Iranian people to guru3d community

HandR and anticupidon like this.