Am i good to go with this config?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sinattractive, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Hey guys in my country everything is madly expensive and i cant afford to buy a new rig so i wanna know how good is my current rig am i able to play games on 720p/900p/1080p @30FPS for several upcoming years?
    My Specs are:
    CPU:i7 2600k @ 3.71/4 Turbo
    RAM:2x8 @ 1412 8-8-8-24-1T Single Channel(cause two of slots are dead)
    GPU:8gb RX 570 @ 1410/7580 (Tight Timing) 180w

So am i good to go and can i play games on at least 720p 30FPS & keep up with upcoming 9 generation games?
    And in assassin's creed valhalla it says it needs dual channel ram what exactly does it means?It means it wont run on a single channel config?

Thanks already
    i7 2600.jpg
    RX 570.jpg

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    That CPU CAN overclock. Also, if I remember correctly, there was a BIOS mod for the RX570 making it more speedy.
    Yes, the performance hit is noticeable running on single channel memory.
    But you didn't mentioned the PSU and the motherboard, to know VRMs stability and PSU reliability/stability in the overclock.
    Where are you located?

3. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Thanks bro for answering my mobo is non overclockable chipset though i managed to oc cpu frpm 3. 4 to 3. 7 via increasing reference clock and about my psu its a 650w workstation psu and its 24/7 stable and i already modified my cards bios that's why i mentioned tight timing ans its overclocked/overvoltaged to the bone.There is not a one single optimization reminds to perform both in the term of software and hardware.Im in iran thanks to president trump most of the people are poor now.
    U still didn't answer my main question am i good to go with current config?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Your computer is still capable of many things.
    However, playing the latest games is a bit of a hard response.
    There are some steps, in which the CPU+GPU combination are involved in playing at a certain resolution, but this changes as the resolution of the game displayed changes.
    Nevertheless, both will at some point bottleneck to a certain amount.
    But you can always dial down some effects, some settings and play with what you have.
    Remember, most of us used to play at 800x600 for years and we were more than happy.
    Yes, seeing that others have latest and the greatest is appalling at best...but your enjoyment, your happiness is within yourself.
    Yes, playing with all details max out seems rad, but to some extent is also costing more, consumes more power, etc.
    One must live and get by, not everything is about playing at the latest resolution and with latest tech.
    Just enjoy your computer, and when you can, upgrade. Don't forget, at the end of each year, our most gracious and benevolent member and owner of the Guru3D is giving away hardware with contests. Keep an eye open and participate!
    Good luck!

tived and Sinattractive like this.

5. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Yes brother we used to play on 800x600 but on a 1080TV everything looks like minecraft lol i believe anything below 720p unplayable right now but u right after all the most important thing in life is enjoying with what ever u got and u can offer and happiness is from the inside.Thanks for ur kind words bro very noble of u guys in guru3d sure ill participate in the competition :)
    Cheers

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    You are most welcome here and do consider that we all started somewhere, with even modest hardware.
    But we all make do, in some way or another.
    Can you buy from eBay or something similar?

7. wavetrex

wavetrex Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    I'm afraid you'll be disappointed if you try to play modern AAA games. Gaming at 20 fps or such is NOT fun.

However, there's literally hundreds of indie games which are great and amazing and don't need powerful hardware to run just fine !
    Even more, those games are usually cheaper or even free !

Maybe you should reorient yourself to indie until you can afford an upgrade.
    For example, I currently play Factorio, which runs on any potato capable of booting Windows ... and the game is awesome !

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  8. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I'd give it a whirl with a newer GPU, since you don't have high demands (30+ fps). But eventually you're going to have to upgrade that thing. Since you don't really look for high framerates, you can go a bit more budget on the CPU.

Also about dual channel:
    https://www.crucial.com/articles/about-memory/what-is-dual-channel-memory

Seems weird a game would require this. I can understand a bandwidth requirement, but not specifically requiring dual channel.

Also, it's a 2600K, notorious for being one of the best CPU's ever for overclocking. Buy yourself a decent cooler and get that thing running at 4.5Ghz to squeeze some more life out of it.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Then he's going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade at one point. Kind of a bummer having a CPU that's great for overclocking but a motherboard that doesn't support it :x

Stretch it as far as you can, but prepare for an upgrade.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  10. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Well the only game i couldn't run on 1080p all max settings @ 30 fps was metro exodus which i used ultra settings instead of extreme but iv played other aaa games such as RDR 2 @& Mafia definitive edition at max settings at1080p 30fps.I think u underwhelmed rx570 this card is still doing fine on 1080p segment and i pushed my card to its extreme by doing intensive bios mod/overclock/overvoltage on it. Check rx 570 in 2020 on YouTube if u dont believe me that is doing fine on 1080p yet. But the problem is im not sure about its survivability on the 9 generation and coming years.Soon enough maybe i had to switch to 720p segment...

11. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Man
    Man i didn't have much of a choice because of the poor economy.I bought cpu and motherboard separately both used and for a very offerable price but yeah its a pain that i have an unlocked cpu but my motherboard wont let much of it...Sure its some sort of old school now days and i must consider upgrading it soon enough.

12. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Not directly unfortunately and dealers who doing this charges twice of the original price.

13. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    No it won't, you're likely limiting the 570 even on CPU intensive games. Ubisoft tend to have many of the most CPU heavy games. If you could test AC origins and Anno 1800 with good 30fps results then.. maaaybe? If thoese prove already too tough to handle, then no, no chance.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Not just that he underwhelmed it he beat it to the ground. rx570 is quite a capable gpu at 1080p, thats a gtx980 and 1060 class performance.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  15. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Well i believe the series got ruined after the black flag so i never tried origins and later ones but i played witcher 3 smoothly on 1080p 30 fps everything on max without a single stutter.

Guys i know its not related to the topic but iv used to apply a whole lot of tweaks on my pc and as much odd as it seems i noticed enabling large system cache in regedit greatly improves stuttering and smoothness on heavy games has anyone else tried that?

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Is there no chance you could get a new motherboard off ebay? Something that at least allows overclocking so you can get that CPU to around 4.5GHz at least? Then with the new motherboard you will have access to dual channel memory as well seen as your current board has dead slots......?

I was in the same boat as you before, I had a tough time with money and couldn't upgrade for a very long time and I ended up playing a lot of newer games at the time using a program called "dxtory" to cap my frame rate to 30fps for a "smoother" experience rather than the fps diving up and down. This was back when games and even our GPU drivers never had fps limiters in them.

17. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Man are u telling me dual channel is such a big deal?Btw iv tightened timing and use 1t instead of 2t to make it a little bit faster.

Tyrchlis likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Double the bandwidth ofc its a big deal. There will be a big difference in cpu heavy games.

19. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    No please dont misunderstand me you had no offense at all im just saying that i didn't know memory channels have such a big impact thats all and about those dead slots its because of some of my motherborads pins got bent iv fixed them but still two sluts is dead other than that my motherboard is healthy capacitors and everything its just ok.

20. Sinattractive

Sinattractive Member

GPU:
    8GB RX570 1410/7580
    Nope man i dont want hear what i prefer i just wanna get some information and increase my knowledge that's all.