Am I Bottlenecking really badly?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Ov3rbyte, May 6, 2011.

1. Ov3rbyte

Ov3rbyte Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 560 Ti - 1010/2020
    I have a Q6700 OCed to 3.2ghz and a Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti. I play games just fine but I was curious to know if i'm bottlenecking too much or not that much.

2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    That depends on what res you play at the lower the resolution the more cpu depended is a game the higher resolutions are more gpu bound anyway that all depends on what games you are playing.A quick way to test if your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu run some benchmarks on a few games at your current overclock 3.2ghz then overclock your cpu as much as you can (i am sure you can go a bit higher than 3.2ghz)then run the same benchmarks again.But if your games are playing just fine don't bother or worry about bottlenecking.:)

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  3. johnyG

johnyG Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    You are bottlenecking really badly only in CPU demanding titles which don't multithread well.

GTAIV comes to mind. Possibly Crysis too.

4. DirkGently

DirkGently Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    There will always be a 'bottleneck', what matters is your usage and where the bottleneck lies. If you're gaming at high res and getting 60fps what does it matter?

Your set-up is well matched so just enjoy it.

5. Ov3rbyte

Ov3rbyte Member

GPU:
    I've tried going to 3.2 (10x320) and it wont stay stable anymore I've had to move down to 3.0 (9x333) which seems better, Any reason why? :p

6. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    Read the guide about overclocking.There is just too many things you have to do with trial and error,so i can't help you there.Maybe the voltages need to be adjusted a bit higher but be very carefull to not exceed max voltage on cpu and always keep an eye on temps because you dont want to burn anything.
    I suggest you stay where you are and dont touch anything and just enjoy your games as DirkGently said.:)

7. Ov3rbyte

Ov3rbyte Member

GPU:
    Might as well, runs fine haha.