Altered Carbon

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by scatman839, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Very underrated show; even saw an interview of Edward Norton on IMDB where they asked what’d he’d been watching lately during his Motherless Brooklyn interview. He answered “Altered Carbon on Netflix, I love it” & so do I Mr. Norton, so do I....

2. Woahhh ohhh! Ladies & Gentleman could it be? It appears so! Indeed one of Anthony Mackie’s exes has decided to grace us with her angry drivel ... damn did he leave you with that lasting of an impression that you hold onto it for this long?

3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Believe me, he isn't a great person in real life. He gobbed off for a long time about a certain type of person until he found out who i was and my previous career.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm all done with the expanse I can move on to this

Kind annoyed the change actor for characters from last season, then again there mind can be put in other bodies according to everything that was set up, still i like originals better

Gona have to watch the last 2 or 3 episodes from season one if not the whole season before watchin season 2,
    pretty sure bunch people died and bodies where lost

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.

5. Well - people have to be good enough to work with so it just compounds eventually - some longer than others... don't take my snark to heart. If that's how he is; he can only burn too many bridges before he's an island to himself. And that's life'

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Just finished the series after an extremely lazy weekend and it was good. Anthony did a good job with the character. I thought everything was pretty well done and I'll rewatch it in a month or so just to make sure I caught everything. The camera work and environments were very well done. Overall a 8/10 or so.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Netflix typically do recap trailers so you can catch up/remember on what happened, vary in length but they can go up to like 5 mins

Yeah just try this, 3.5 mins
    https://www.netflix.com/watch/81206610

8. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Finished Season 2. Overall enjoyed a lot. This show is good but sometimes its just so cheesy to me. I have to think of it like some type of anime sometimes for it to make sense (And I don't watch anime).

What I mean by that is sometimes it just seems so ridiculous to see 150lbs woman beating up 20 guys in hand to hand combat who have guns. There isn't even really a good story reason why this can be done other than she's just 'super skilled'. It feels like it changes a lot in terms of tone sometimes.

Overall Anthony Mackie did a much better job than I thought he would, but I still think I preferred the season 1 actor who was in Robocop. I would also be interested to see more of the actor who is the birth body for the last envoy.

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I LOVE IT ! Just binged watched S2, and it's perfect. Casting is fantastic, pace is on point. Storyline holds up during the 8 episodes of the serie.
    Glad to see Anthony Mackie in something else than Marvel movies.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    finished watching the first season again, ( still love it) last night and watched first epiosde of season 2 and the twisted I didnt see it coming, and I am love it just much as the first so far. Like the original guy in season 1 but he gave up the sleeve for reason.

And @Syranetic is right that is the guy that played robocop in the remake

XenthorX and fantaskarsef like this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    hehe just reminds me 100% of me last weekend :D:D:D

XenthorX likes this.
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    finished it last night I loved it as much as season 1, another year and half before new season, hope full netflix dont can it

XenthorX likes this.