All Physx config tested

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by ShivanSpS, Feb 22, 2009.

1. ShivanSpS

ShivanSpS Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GT240
    I just found this review with is quite new, they does test almost every Physx config possible, its in spanish, but you only need to look at the screens :)

http://www.chw.net/2008/12/ppu-vs-gpu-para-physx/all/1/

Btw, there is missing the higher configs with gtx260/280 cards, but you get the idea.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Nice find, I wish they'd tested at higher resolutions though as it might have made a big difference to the results.

3. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    I think so too, I think this is why the 9800GTX is frequently at the top, even above the 9800GTX and 8800GT

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I cant really tell what the heck is going on there, but, okay!

5. LuxZg

LuxZg Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD4890
    9600GSO looks to be the sweet spot from my point of view.

But let's face it, having to pay extra for SLI MBO, and for 9600GSO card just to do Physx in several lousy games.. That's 170$ where I live just to get acceptable Physx performance. Not gonna happen so soon :/

And this is hardly every combination, there's no single ATI card there :p ;) And they should have included benches with all cards doing both graphics and physx on one card. Just as a comparision..

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    You don't need an sli motherboard for PhysX.

Plus in the article they were using Vista, which means no proper ATI + Nvidia support in the same system.

7. Ellisdee

Ellisdee Member

GPU:
    2x4870x2 1x8800 Ultra
    they didnt tested ati nvidia there is a ghost in the brains that this wont work :)
    btw ati nvidia works with xp64 drivers on vista physix should work too didnt tested yet but dx10 dont work than anymore :(