(All-in-one Daniel_K) Modded Soundcard Driver packs/disks

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by TheHunter, Aug 14, 2010.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I had that glitch on my xfi titanium hd in win8.x, and then some more whenever I upgraded to new Service pack until SP1.
    Not all the time, but it happened occasionally.
    I didn't see it for a long time now.. Surprisingly it still works ok from RS2 to RS3 to RS4 1713x.xx.

Sometimes a good fix is to re-register/reinstall windows driver.
    To do this:
    go to device manager
    sound - remove the XFI device, but keep driver.
    let it uninstall other devices, don't reboot yet. Press refresh button or F5 and wait a moment, now reboot.

This fixes any stuck modes, headphones issues or anything unusual that wasn't happening before.
    Its a bit like windows refresh option :)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Dragondale13 likes this.
  2. DAW40

DAW40 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    Modded drivers are the best for SB cards. They do it justice. Sorta how ASUS drivers are crappy and you need third party UNI Sonar drivers.

3. Ron

Ron New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1060
    Tried to download from your link to google drive, my Norton removed it says it contains virus.
    Download link on daniel k site doesn't work.
    Anyone else have trouble with the download on https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4veZnyFbxW4bExZcFlnZEFHT2s/view

4. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    Don't believe everything norton tells you it's a false positive I scanned it with Windows Defender and it said it was fine I also uploaded it to Virus total and it came back clean

Ron likes this.

5. Ron

Ron New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1060
    Athlonite thanks so much. Glad I found this forum since Creative has indefinitely closed their discussion forum.

6. thezfunk

thezfunk Member

GPU:
    ATI 290
    I have an Auzentech Bravura. Drivers seem to work fine but what I need is the extras to install and work. Mainly, I use the input as a mic input but it defaults to Line-in instead of mic and when you would change it in the Auzentech/creative software you would hear a click as it switched over. Daniel_K has a pack for the Bravura that used to work but with the newer WIndows 10 update it does not. How can I get the extra control panels to install and work?

7. Lai yunie yanto

Lai yunie yanto New Member

GPU:
    GTX 750 TI
    Hi guyz..
    Does anyone know that sound blaster x-fi elite pro has dolby dolby digital live & DTS connect or not ?
    Trying to get true 5.1 dolby & DTS over My Logitech Z 906 , with My Mp3 & HD video collection.
    Coz it's confusing. There's someone claim that it's support ddl & dts connect.

Attached Files:

8. Ron

Ron New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1060
    Just upgraded in place from Windows 7 to windows 10 Pro 1909. Had Daniel K 3.8 package. Installed patch from Creative to restore sound for XF-I Platinum. But now volume level that was set on shutdown goes way up on restart, and on/off distortion on Windows startup screen sound- but then music will play fine. Any ideas? How can I update from Daniel k 3.8 to SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 4.0?

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Set all your audio settings that you want, then put the computer to "Sleep", then wake it up, then restart it.. and does it retain the settings then?

As for updating, just uninstall then reinstall the new one?

I'm using just the drivers windows itself install, I was using Daniel K in the past, PAX Master as well... finding the ones Microsoft installs works just fine.

Ron and -Tj- like this.
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    What kissShot said, to install 4.0 either remove 3.8 from installer or just run 4.0 and see what it offers, otherwise just install and overwrite.

But you might have to do this disable/enable Audio SB device in devicemanager - I had to do this only when I got no sound, happened 2x so far in few years. Or worst case, remove device but keep drivers, press F5 then devicemanager reinstalls stored driver, reboot and it should work.

for disorting sound, try switching between audio modes, switch to Audio creation then back to game mode, or just switch trough all 3.. It's like it flushes some internal buffer and then it's ok.

Ron likes this.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Check xfi control panel if its there, and what exact model do you have.

I saw this
    https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=54530

xfi driver.png

If it's SB0550 model then it should, otherwise no driver support for it.

Someone also said this
    https://forum.hardwareheaven.com/threads/dolby-digital-live-and-dts-connect-pack.211593/

Ron likes this.
  12. Ron

Ron New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1060
    Volume issue suddenly resolved itself, only getting crackling sound on Windows Start screen sound, but then audio files play fine. Since you've uninstalled Daniel K in the past, could you tell me how? From the Programs list, Revo, or Drive Sweeper? Any help would be appreciated.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Just with the Windows, uninstall programs > restart > then running CCleaner registry cleaner to check for any leftovers in the registry > restart.

Then you should be fine to install new drivers.

With windows 10 it does want to download drivers by itself so if you don't want to install the default ones Microsoft pushes to you maybe disconnect from the net while you are installing different drivers.

Ron likes this.
  14. Ron

Ron New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1060
    Thanks a lot- since it's an old PCI Platinum card I appreciate the tip about preventing Microsoft pushing theirs. Will try the suggested uninstall info you gave- Asked because there are so many components in the driver package.

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. Ron

Ron New Member

GPU:
    nvidia 1060
    Thanks a lot for all the help. With my card being an old PCI Platinum no more support from Creative. I will try your suggestions.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    No problem, it's still a very good sound card :>

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    I wonder if that's what Windows is doing to my Soundblaster Z. I have been having nothing but trouble with it in my new build. I was using the latest driver (from Creative) on my old rig, and it was fine. I want to say both my old and new rigs are running the same Windows 10 build version.

On my new rig, I tried the latest Creative driver (011), it had issues*, so I uninstalled it. Restarted system and installed the driver release from 2016 (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_08). It exhibits the same issues with either driver.

I am going to try cleaning it all out and turning off my internet, and trying the new driver again. I think Windows 10 keeps installing a tainted driver each time it sees my SBZ, before i get the chance to install a proper one.

*Issues I'm having are surround sound does not work properly. Wires are hooked up right but I swear it's switching channels on me, on the fly. It's bizarre. Switching from 5.1 to 2.1 and back to 5.1 fixes it sometimes. I'm sure the hardware is fine and it's just another Creative driver adventure. This is feeling like my X-Fi driver fun, 5 years ago.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Just checked DanielK blog and there is a new SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 5.0
    source:
    http://danielkawakami.blogspot.com/2020/08/sb-x-fi-series-support-pack-50.html

Supports the following Sound Blaster X-Fi cards (based on the CA20Kx DSPs):

- Creative SB X-Fi PCI (except Xtreme Audio)
    - Creative SB X-Fi PCI OEM SB077x (Dell, HP, Lenovo, Fujitsu etc)
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E OEM (HP / Fujitsu)
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E
    - Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1
    - Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1
    - Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD
    - Gigabyte SB X-Fi Titanium PCI-E onboard
    - Onkyo Wavio SE-300PCIE (R2)

For X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI, click here.
    For X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express, click here.

Operating Systems supported (32-bit and 64-bit editions):

- Windows 10
    - Windows 8.1
    - Windows 8
    - Windows 7
    - Windows Vista
    - Windows XP

Items that will be installed, depending on the detected card:

- Creative SB X-Fi / SB077x series driver 2.30.0011
    - Creative SB X-Fi / SB077x series driver 2.30.0012 WHQL for Windows 10
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium series driver 2.40.0015
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium series driver 2.40.0026 WHQL for Windows 10
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD driver 3.00.2021
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD driver 3.00.2022 WHQL for Windows 10
    - Creative SB X-Fi Titanium OEM HP/Fujitsu 2.16.0001.63 WHQL
    - Auzentech X-Fi Prelude driver 2.14.0001.28 RefCD5
    - Auzentech X-Fi Forte driver 2.20.0000.34
    - Auzentech X-Fi HomeTheater HD driver 2.20.0000.34
    - Gigabyte SB X-Fi Titanium driver 2.16.0004.46 WHQL
    - Onkyo Wavio SE-300PCIE (R2) driver 2.16.0004.42

- ALchemy 1.45.20
    - Audio Control Panel 3.01.04
    - AutoMode Switcher 1.01.08
    - Console Launcher 2.61.58
    - DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03 (*)
    - Dolby Digital Live Pack 4.00.00 (*)
    - DTS Connect Pack 2.01.00 (*)
    - MediaSource DVD-Audio Player 2.00.78 (32-bit Windows only)
    - Remote Control System 5.00.35 (**)
    - SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.02
    - THX Console 3.50.09
    - Volume Panel 2.21.18

(*) Purchase and activation required for all SB X-Fi PCI and SB077x (OEM), SB X-Fi Titanium OEM HP SB0963 (Subsys_2A83103C) and Onkyo Wavio SE-300PCIE (R2). More info at http://buy.soundblaster.com.

(**) Only available for SB X-Fi PCI models, except SB0730, SB073A, SB0760 and SB077x OEM.

Fixes and improvements:

- 5.0: Updated X-Fi PCI, X-Fi Titanium PCI-E and X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E drivers and shared components to their latest versions.

Release Notes:

IF WINDOWS 8 / 8.1 / 10 DOES NOT SAVE SETTINGS

Configure all settings and shutdown Windows so that your settings will be saved.

This does not work if you disable Fast startup permanently or temporarily (by holding the Shift key while shutting down).

WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS SERVER 2003 ROOT CERTIFICATES UPDATE

To use the latest version of Dolby Digital Live, update the root certificates.

Run RootsUpd\rootsupd.exe and wait a few seconds. It's a silent installation.

INCLUDED SB X-FI PCI DRIVER WORKS IN WDM MODE

In order to support all of the original features of the SB X-Fi PCI cards (except the OEM SB077x models), the included driver operates in WDM mode, which may not work in some hardware configurations, specially those based on the NVIDIA nForce chipsets.

An UAA mode Support Pack will be available later.

MEDIASOURCE DVD-AUDIO PLAYER AVAILABLE ONLY ON PCI CARDS

This feature is available on all SB X-Fi PCI models, except SB0730, SB073A, SB0760 and SB077x OEM.

Download:

Filename: XFI_SupportPack_5_0.exe
    File size: 121 MB
    SHA-1 hash: 023321683A597A4D7B80DD9F10EA6F8E259CBAE5

Mirrors: MediaFire

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    There is also a UAA driver pack as well,

"what is the difference between SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 5.0 and SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 5.0 UAA?"
    UAA version is for legacy PCI cards only.

SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 5.0 UAA

This software/driver pack is unofficial, not supported by Creative Labs.
    Use it at your own risk.

Supports the following Sound Blaster X-Fi cards (based on the CA20Kx DSPs):

- Creative SB X-Fi PCI (except Xtreme Audio)

For X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI, click here.
    For X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Express, a compatible pack will be released soon.

Operating Systems supported (32-bit and 64-bit editions):

- Windows 10
    - Windows 8.1
    - Windows 8
    - Windows 7
    - Windows Vista

This "UAA" pack is intended for:

- users who don't need Dolby/DTS decoding or DVD-Audio and want to use drivers optimized for Windows Vista and later.

- systems based on NVIDIA nForce chipsets.

Items that will be installed, depending on the detected card:

- Creative SB X-Fi series driver 2.30.0011
    - Creative SB X-Fi series driver 2.30.0012 WHQL for Windows 10

- ALchemy 1.45.20
    - Audio Control Panel 3.01.04
    - AutoMode Switcher 1.01.08
    - Console Launcher 2.61.58
    - DDL and DTS Connect License Activation 2.00.03 (*)
    - Dolby Digital Live Pack 4.00.00 (*)
    - DTS Connect Pack 2.01.00 (*)
    - Remote Control System 5.00.35 (**)
    - SoundFont Bank Manager 3.21.02
    - THX Console 3.50.09
    - Volume Panel 2.21.18

(*) Purchase and activation required for all SB X-Fi PCI. More info at http://buy.soundblaster.com.

(**) Only available for SB X-Fi PCI models, except SB0730, SB073A and SB0760.

Fixes and improvements:

- 5.0: Updated X-Fi PCI drivers and some shared components to their latest versions.

Release Notes:

IF WINDOWS 8 / 8.1 / 10 DOES NOT SAVE SETTINGS

Configure all settings and shutdown Windows so that your settings will be saved.

This does not work if you disable Fast startup permanently or temporarily (by holding the Shift key while shutting down).

INCLUDED SB X-FI PCI DRIVER WORKS IN UAA MODE

The included driver operates in UAA mode, which works better in hardware configurations based on the NVIDIA nForce chipsets and is also optimized for Windows Vista and later.

MEDIASOURCE DVD-AUDIO PLAYER UNAVAILABLE

To use this feature, use the pack with the WDM driver for SB X-Fi PCI cards.

This feature is available on all SB X-Fi PCI models, except SB0730, SB073A, SB0760.

Download:

Filename: XFI_SupportPack_5_0_UAA.exe
    File size: 85.3 MB
    SHA-1 hash: F5DAE6E4DACD88B5AFDBBB21D475811D8FBBCF2C

Mirrors: MediaFire

20. RiPe_Go

RiPe_Go New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 XT Saphire
    Hello, I have a question ... the soundblaster AE 5 PLUS has support for Dolby and DTS, but the AE 5 Normal card does not have support for these technologies.
    The SoundBlaster Command program shows support for AE 5 Plus only, but not for AE 5 Normal.
    So is it possible to have a modified program that releases or unlocks Dolby and DTS for the AE 5 Normal card?
    [​IMG]

One idea would be to copy the installed files from the sound blaster command from someone who has AE 5 PLUS and then run the program in AE 5 Normal to see if the "encoder" option appears.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020