(All-in-one Daniel_K) Modded Soundcard Driver packs/disks

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by TheHunter, Aug 14, 2010.

1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks...I have cleaned everything up and installed the pax drivers and the 1.70 suite.

I now have my CMSS working in games....thanks alot dude....it is much appreciated.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    cool, sure np :)

btw about Pax suite and THX, you must rename these 2-3 files, so it works again:
    im not sure where thought, better ask Rob.

3. Rob McClelland

Rob McClelland Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390 x
    You have go to program folder of THX Console rename those three files make THX Console work :).

4. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I used my old Audigy 4 OEM with Deniel_K's "Audigy Support Pack" for Windows 7 x64. But I bought an X-Fi OEM card today (something like this ; it was cheap...).

This card was designed to be an UAA compatible product, and the "read me" of Daniel's last "X-Fi support Pack" says:
    - all PCI models, except SB077X UAA OEM
    Is it true for the later CD too? I am confused.

I found this:
    SB X-Fi Series AuzenUAA Pack 1.5
    But it is based on a relatively old BETA driver (not to mention that it was intended for the Prelude cards...).

So, some questions:
    - Do I need UAA drivers or can I simply use the latest WDM drivers with this card?
    - Are UAA drivers better? (I want to play OpenAL games, listen music throug ASIO and watch movies with a WASAPI excl. supported audio renderer.)
    - Where can I download the latest unmolested softwares? (I mean, the configuration consoles. The Autoupdater doesn't work on Vista+)

I don't want any 'tweaks". I don't need any EQ presets (like Bass Boost :biggun:) or anything like that. (Yah, I mean PAX things...)
    Is it safe to use the softwares from a PAX pack, uninstall the "tweaked" driver (By the way... Can they be properly uninstalled anyway?) and install the latest vanilla driver? Are the softwares "tweaked" too? (I guess they are...)

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Fwiw, you can use THX in Windows 7 by using XP compat. mode during the install....

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

do you know what code does it have, something like SB046,...

that UAA.15 is very good driver dont let it fool you if its old, it has a glitch or two but imo not a big deal.

Im using these UAA1.5 still, for over 1 year and never had any serious issues, plus it has 64bit bit support etc..

There are no sound tweaks in any of DK packs... that was with PAX suites but last time i asked him about these tweaks he said he's gonna drop them.

Well UAA is a little better because of better win vista/win7 support compared to WDM, its still wdm once you install it but there is something specific about them, i dont really know atm..

@Pill

you sure its not for Audigy and XFI might have a problem?

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm not sure what you mean..:)

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    THX install procedure..it could be different for audigy than for XFI cards.. Just like with DDL, DTS hack its different for audigy than for XFI.

Lol idk i had a flash :D

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Oh....THX console isn't supported in Windows 7 (don't ask me why , lol), that's why you need to install it in XP mode..:)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    hehehe but for Audigy :D

I have XFI chip and it works fine without any compatibility, except those PAX drivers, he used some diff versions and now you have to rename those 3 files.. to start THX cpl again.

:)

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No kidding, well I wonder why Creatshlt disabled it for the Audigy then...? Typical..

Btw, do you know what causes the BSOD in games with the X-Fi?

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    dunno im fine atm with UAA 1.5:nerd:, last time i had such bsod was with original creative and one or two times with PAX (something about HAL and ctaud2k.sys)..its fine ever since i started using uaa 1.5.

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Just wondering, cuz there's a huge thread on the Project Reality forums about it..

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its working fine on my xfi on win7 x64 aswell. im running a older driver then you posted though :)

15. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    It's an SB0770. It's not supported by the UAA package.
    I am using Windows 7 x64

I tried to use the equipped CD (2006) -> No sound at all.
    After I downloaded and installed the latest official PCI X-Fi drivers from Creative (2_18_0015) and let the AutoUpdate to update my software components I managed to get some sound in some modes but it worked with reduced functionality and I got random BSODs during mode switches (Game,Entertainment,Creation).

I gave a run to the PAX Master Suit 1.7 + PAX driver v1.3b4 -> The result was the same.

I almost decided to throw the bastard out of my window because I had some file system errors after the BSODs. But I also wondered why can it cause them.
    I never had any BSODs since I have been using Vista/Win7 x64 (starting from Vista RC1) except when I tried too high overclocks. (But that didn't cause file system errors.)

I knew I shouldn't buy a PCI soundcard nowadays but... my PCI Audigy worked fine and it was a good deal (I exchanged this X-Fi for a broken LCD display :infinity:).
    So, I take a look at the IRQ values and I figured out that my X-Fi shares it's resouces and the PCI line itself with many things, like my on-board RAID controller (that's why I had file system errors, I guess).

I moved the card to the PCI_01 slot and the BIOS never managed to boot again. :puke2:
    (I simply used the PCI_02 because it was more "ergonomic" to leave some room for my arms when I mess with other things...)
    I reset my CMOS and I managed to go into the setup. I manually assigned IRQ_3 for my PCI_01 device (only the X-Fi uses it) and IRQ_4 for the PCI_02 lane devices (RAID, USB1.1, etc) and I could enable my RAID controller again.

The BIOS can boot now and Windows 7 can boot too. It looks like Windows reassigns the IRQs but it looks reasonable.

Now, I will let it to run with the compatibility driver until I update my OS: I currently have SP1_RC1 and SP1_RTM come out. (Can it cause problems with Creative drivers?)
    After that, I will try a clean install with the Forte package.

I am also wondering: What is the recommended PCI latency timer for X-Fis? It is 32 by default with my BIOS. I didn't care about it but this X-Fi seems to be sensitive for PCI settings.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I really recommend the DK drivers - not tweaked or modded, simply fixed..

Or could try the KX set, but they are only for the 102k chips and I don't think your card has it.

Not sure about that tho.

17. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Yes, it has the X-Fi chip but KX drivers won't give me EAX support.
    If it won't work, I will throw it out and stick with my good old Audigy 4.

UPDATE

The Forte pack didn't work.
    Now what...?

18. yo_cristi

yo_cristi Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 470
    For X-FI Xtreme Music which driver is better ?

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    try UAA 1.5 or SB X-Fi PCI Install Disc 1.0 (unofficial)

20. JuanAlSlipknot

JuanAlSlipknot Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6850 Cyclone PE
    Hi guys, I'm planning to reinstall my Seven, I have a X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro, I think the code is 70SB046A00000, which of these drivers should be more appropriate for me?
    I use my computer for gamming via analog ouput and for movies/music via digital spdif passthrough to my denon receiver.
    Thanks in advance for your replies!