Alienware m17x not registering 2 of 3 graphics cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by fredrick48, May 16, 2011.

1. fredrick48

fredrick48 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5850
    Hey

Like the title states, i have an alienware m17x laptop with two Nvidia Geforce GTX 260m's and an addition GTX 9400m G. Now I went and reinstalled vista 64-bit on there along with all my addition drivers. After looking under my Device Manager i realized that it only had one video card under Display Adapters and it was the 9400m.

So i went to Nvidias site and downloaded there most recent driver for the 260m that was update on 4/18/11. After the install of the driver, i went back and still, nothing. I really want to be able to use my laptop at full power and get the graphics it should be getting, but i can't think of anything to do to fix this problem.

Would really appreciate some help.

Thank you in advance.

2. Larry!

Larry! Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295
    Why did you reformat it? did you check their website for specific drivers?

3. fredrick48

fredrick48 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5850
    Long story to why i reformated it.. lol

I checked their website with my service tag and it just gives me the normal Nvidia drivers for the 260m, except they are outdated.

4. Larry!

Larry! Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 295
    Think I'd phone them and see what they have to say.

5. fredrick48

fredrick48 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5850
    They wont help me unless I have a warranty..which I dont have lol. Already tried, plus they were a****les when i talked to them on the phone, so i figured to take matters into my own hands.