1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aliens Colonial Marines [PAX]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by klambre, Sep 6, 2010.

1. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    According to rumors the Wii U version has been postponed indefinitely.

2. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    And according to others, it hasn't. Gotta love the internet.

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Anyone taken a look at the config files there messy loads of notes about tweak these settings for final even references to xbox and ps3 in them along with some of the devs config files I think they have screwed up and put out some sort of dog food build

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    that massive 8 gig patch will fix it maybe then it will be close to the 10 gig or so most decent looking games get to. doubt we will see the pax play doubt they will fix the ai or story. but we will get some high res textures at lest i bet.

5. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Judging from this thread, many others, and my own experience with gaming that goes back to the pre-computer arcade days (I was 29 when I bought my Commodore 64), it seems like the game development industry is still trying to come up with a decent approach to "concept, development, marketing". Will they ever get this ironed out?

Back in 1986 when I advertised my Commodore 128 for sale to buy a Commodore Amiga, a guy came to my house to buy it and asked me if I wanted to join his pirate software group. He had a cardboard box full of disks for sale and wanted to barter with me! I sent him on his way. About a year later, I remember having a conversation with Jez San (author of "StarGlider"). He told me he developed that game by himself in a couple months or so and it took only 45 days before it was pirated.

The problems with game development have only continued to grow in depth and complexity due to hardware and software capability (not to mention the Internet). Everyone thought standardizing everything would solve a lot of problems. Result: consoles and console games have destroyed what gaming was and could be. This was inevitable when you think about it. The people embedded in the industry need to put on their thinking caps and come up with some viable solutions. Right now, everything is going sideways in a futile attempt at arresting the problems...mainly because they keep trying to find a "one-size-fits-all" solution.

It doesn't help that new generations of people who have never experienced what gaming used to be just suck up everything put in front of them while exclaiming how amazing the graphics are. Graphics!? Do you buy a car based on the paint job? Why should it be the same with games?

I truly hope the new crowd-funding approach to game development takes off. It will be like the indy movies at the Sundance Film Festival. We need to break out of this rut the industry is in.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Why is this still on steam and for $NZ60 also.

7. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    I'm no grammar nazi but could you at least make an attempt at being coherent? Thanks.

I'm hearing that the dx10 mod just doesn't work. Meaning that it will be dx9 regardless of what is changed. But I pulled this list of .ini changes from the mod download page comments. http://pastebin.com/zZuT2uiE Now there was also mention of shaders being changed. I'm not versed enough in this subject to shed much light on it, so maybe someone here can?

This post seems to have answered most of my questions. http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4528069&postcount=675

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  8. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    It's a shame more work wasn't done on the multiplayer. I'm actually really enjoying it when the Matchmaking bothers to work. Hate matchmaking systems in games, they're incredibly annoying and are always prone to screwing up. I'd also like to be able to choose to play the Aliens only, they're fantastic fun. Shame about being forced to switch half way through each match.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    There's a big difference between what happened with The WarZ and this. The demo that was shown of Aliens was just that...a demo. Every demo I have seen says that this does not represent the final build of the game. The WarZ was being sold on Steam stating that features were in the game that actually weren't. That is blantant lying to customers. Gearbox never lied to anyone. They showed a early build of the game that just happened to look better than the real game. $hit happens. Get over it.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    wow have you seen any of the pr videos for this? forget the demo that may or not have been live gameplay footage, and say they have not lied to customers. go watch all the hype videos and them taking about the game, well talking about a game because none of what they talked about made it into this game.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    How old are you know?
    Around 59?

Starglider 1 was good.
    Starglider 2 was Epic.

The first and last multi system boot disk ever made.

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I concur. Why would anyone want to hear what they have to say when the behavior in question is about lying?

I concur, the game just didn't live up to unrealistic hype (even the PR videos weren't THAT good) and regarding mismatch of marketing material to the real deal, well they lied and that's all there is to it.

Yes this kind of behavior cannot be accepted, so what should be done then? Get a refund. We don't need to hear Gearbox's PR machine making half apology, half excuse response.

If you really want this kind of behavior to stop, best way is to not pay them for this, not asking for some sort of statement. Getting a refund and stop pre-ordering based on marketing team's hype is the best way to achieve that end. Wait for more concrete information (but please don't pirate and be like "dur hur I'm testing the entire game derp oh I beat it and after 10+ hours it's not worth $50") to make purchases.

BTW Sergei Titov never apologized. It was just piles of excuses and blaming marketing team. In this 'apology' Titov issued out, he even flat out said "I don't believe we made a mistake".

13. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Any way to increase AA, works forced in the driver ? Jaggies all over the place.

14. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    The settings I used for Dishonored seem to work in most UE3 games. Give this a try

On top of downsampling and you'll have no aliasing to speak of.

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Thanks for the aa flag ! hope it works in this game too. :)

Also, when i put colonial marines into my nvidia inspector search it puts an aa flag of: 0x00001045

edit: found it 0x080010C1

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

16. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Woohoo! I found a thread over at Steam that showed how to tweak the PecanCompat.ini. Game looks amazing now. Very pleased. Ultimate Badass Co op rocks!!! Mp , I still won`t bother with till they get some decent maps, and a 1st person Alien view. Replaying the sp campaign as well.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    A link to said thread would be appreciated.
    Also, if anyone can nail a SweetFX setup for the game that would also be great.

A couple of the SweetFX setups look either way too dark or way too overly saturated. As if, I get what they are trying for... but they are going too far in one direction.

18. lowdog

lowdog Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 6990 quad cfx
    Link to said forum/steam or whatever that shows how to tweak that ini.

19. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
  20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This could be it.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=245145&page=16