Aliens Colonial Marines [PAX]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by klambre, Sep 6, 2010.

1. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Not bad game so far been playing some SP and COOP what's quiet fun found an annoying bug in coop when npcs are talking you can hear them speaking to every other play so you get audio overlapping I do hope they make a HD texture pack needs it happy with it not the best game in the world could do with some fixing in places not bad for £32.99 for the Limited Edition & Season Pass

2. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Opinions opinions. I like DS3. Not as much as I loved DS2, but it's not BAD.

I like the new DMC so far from what I've played. You definitely need to treat it as its own game though.

I guess I'm just not as overly negative about everything.

Colonial Marines, however, is on a completely different level of bad...

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Its pretty sad the game turned out this way. I was hoping for a nice alien game again.

4. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB
    Most are matters of opinion, and we can always agree to disagree :) Yet DS3 is a bad survival horror game, because there is not much survival horror in it anymore. Problem is, and it's a problem it shares with RE6, it's not a good action game either. Because like RE6 it still carries too much of those things around that made it predecessors survival horror games, like the slow movement speed for example.

And yes, Colonial Marines seems to be a whole different level of bad. It's the level of bad that is so bad that it almost becomes good again because it's entertaining to laugh about how bad it is :funny:

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Playing the game on the hardest settings for 15 min from the start and the game is not too bad, Has some atmospheric moments.

Ive played games that are alot worse although this game coulda been better i feel that its about average.

No better or worse than AVP.

6. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    are you playing the same game as i was ? , i have finished it 4 times (once on each setting ans once for the secret weapons) and it gets hard to play the more you play it .
    i do not mean the difficulty i mean it gets old fast , i still play avp from 2010 and it still looks better tbh lol

7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    If it's that bad, how could you manage 4 playthroughs?

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nobody cared about the patch? :p hmph!

I saw this on twitter,
    "Some called Duke Nukem Forever the worst FPS ever. That angered me and I wanted to prove them wrong." - Gearbox CEO on why they made Aliens (it's a joke .. just in case anyone takes it seriously).

9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    1) Have you even played DMC on PC?? 60fps on max settings and the game is fast as hell, take off vsync and play it at over 200fps and the game is buttery smooth. Starts off slow but picks up a lot after the first two missions. The combinations you can pull off are insane, having 4 different weapon sets each with their own abilities and seamlessly being able to blend them together is very satisfying.

The new Dante maybe different looks wise and personality wise but its still the same Dante, the character is just younger then he older self. I will look forward to the next few games using this Dante to see how he molds and changes into the old Dante.

If you think for one minute that the new DMC is better than Devil May Cry 2 or Devil May Cry 4 (1 is the best and I never played 3) then you are an idiot. The second was god awful compared to the first and the 4th.... well??? I enjoyed watching the cut scenes and playing the game for two hours only to have to complete the game all over again to actually complete it!!

2) I have not played DS3 as I have no completed any of the previous games, although I do own them.

3) 100% agreed this is even worse than COD.

11. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    the patch was included in the game download (released with the release of the game) according to a dev at the gearbox forums , proberly why no body noticed it lol

got bored of playing startrek online , already paid for my pre-order of this game a few years ago . just wanted to get my money's worth (but failed)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  12. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Lol mostly i hate games. So opposite of ehat u saying :)

14. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
  15. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    This is the Best Game i have Ever Played!!! Love The Graphics!!

16. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I just actually tried this game and i am so disappointed that i cant believe this is happening.

AvP 2010 is like ten times better than this crap, and if i can say the good old AvP 2 (2001) is better than this!!!

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I know its a different developer, but im not even going to pre-order Metro LL after this and the FC3 joke mentioned above, no faith in the big publishers anymore, none.

Cant believe the awesome job SEGA have done with Sonic RT, yet they allowed this to leave the front door.

I feel this should be pulled from Steam or the price lowered to an acceptable level, much like that DayZ rip off.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Other than some downsizing I thought Far Cry 3 was very similar to what we finally got.

This on the other hand is a completely different game to that early demo, it’s like they scrapped the game in that demo and started again.