1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien VS Predator 2000 with Ray Tracing.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by jbscotchman, Jun 19, 2019.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Still waiting for NOLF3 btw. Good thing Cyberpunk will make me forget about RealLife[jtm] for a while. :D

2. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Monolith went to Warner in 2004, NOLF was published by Sierra which ultimately dissolved into Activision-Blizzard, causing the NOLF franchise to be in legal limbo afaik.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yes.
    Much like many of Monolith's previous titles, the ownership around them is a mess.
    Monolith actually allowed the rights for Cate Archer's name to expire several years ago. The chances or Activision and WB working something out is almost impossible.

Blood... the IP is owned by WB, while publishing rights for the first two games is owned by Atari. Lith could make new Blood games, if WB approves it.

Condemned, IP is owned by Jace Hall. Publishing rights to the first two games are owned by SEGA. And on and on, AvP 2 - Sierra, TRON 2.0 - Disney.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Well if Rebellion did do 2010, imho they blew it. But as you said to each their own. I still feel AVP 1999. was their best offering. And still hope iD takes a run at it some day. The 1st NOLF was a decent game tbh. And I did absolutely LOVE FEARs bullet time effects and A.I.. The games level design.... bored the crap outta me. And I thought Alma was a blatant rip of Alma from Ghost Story.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, Alma was actually a rip off of Sadako from the original Ring film.
    A lot of Alma and the "horror/ghost" themes were heavily taken from Japanese horror. Much like the combat was inspired by Japanese action films like Hard Boiled.

The level design in FEAR had to be limited down, for performance reasons.
    They original had larger, more open areas. Such as a full car chase sequence, and a support mission were Jen protects you with sniper coverage.
    But, because of the performance cost of the real time lighting... they removed such sequences, and trimmed the level design back.

It's why FEAR 2 used pre-baked lightmaps a lot, and very few scenes with real time shadows.

And, Rebellion suffered on AvP 2010's development because SEGA kept cutting funding not allowing additional time.
    So, lots of level design and content was removed, it's why the game features so many reused levels. They had plans for a lot of campaign based DLC to expand the story, but, SEGA shut down post-release support and called the game a "failure".

Rebellion have said they would love to do another AvP, but... they don't seem to eager to want to work with SEGA again.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the original AvP and it sequel imo were better then the the 2010 one. to this day some the lighting and and other effects in some really old games hold up amazing. Original AvP games are one and Unreal is another game were every time I boot it up I am amazed by the lighting and other effect. textures and all that on the other had are poop

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Avp2010 is only MP where it's at.

Species team death match is the best, especially as marine, can be really spooky.

Undying and jbscotchman like this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Holly crap I forgot how awesome this game is!. Playing as the marine with the radar beeping closer and closer is intense!

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    We really need another AvP game. Maybe a royale of species.

10. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    it was a very good game, as was alien, but after the flop of colonial marines i think people are hesitant.

Boy I was looking SO forward to that game. Such a let down on so many levels.

emperorsfist likes this.

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yeah, you're not the only one. At least Isolation was great. Not perfect, but great.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i am a big fan of Avp2010 for me it wos one of the first pc games that gave us a look at what Dx11 could rly pull off n like someone said the multiplayer was amazin back then i could not get enough the game still looks good today if yer ask me which you didnt lol

still floored by many games like this one that ran with as little as 1GB of vram now that 4-8 is becomin the norm i wuld rly enjoy a new version made by rebellion or monolith oh n throw in a new NOLF game with it the genre despratly needs cate archer back!!!