Alien Rage

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Someone in steam forum found a solution to fps issues. It is sticky so u can see it easly. It helped my fps and mouse issues. Using bulletstorm editor for it.

2. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    first

[Engine.PlayerInput]

but after I add bindings under AFEARGame.BSPlayerInput. Is the same as in Bulletstorm

now working

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    A patch was released, 860 MB download.

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Is the performance fixed with that patch ?

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    I haven't seen any info from the forums yet, will have to try it myself to see if anything is different.
    (One of the ini files were changed, the one for weapons, from how I understood that cahnge only ten weapons can be on the ground before older ones despawn, dropped from enemies and such I mean.)

(That about the ini change might mean there's more optimizations done to the game, will have to try it.)

EDIT: Nope I'm still experiencing very heavy framerate drops in certain parts of the level.

6. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    no...

7. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Then what's the point of releasing such a big patch, damn them..

8. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    i'm still unable to play multiplayer...

9. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Looks pretty good, might have to give this a spin over the weekend.

10. Pav4o

Pav4o Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970@1025MHz
    Whatever I do, I cannot play this game normally on my Radeon 7970 + FX8350 @4600 MHz. Resolution 2560x1080.
    I've turned off AA and set post processing at medium, but my FPS constantly dips into the low twenties.
    The 860 Mb patch was to no avail.
    Either they release a new patch, or we'll have to wait for the appropriate driver.

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    this game is HARD in Hard difficulty. Enemy shows u no mercy. thats the way it man. love it.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    A 535 MB update downloaded, as with other City Interactive games there's no details on what was altered.
    (There were a few changelogs for Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 though so there might be some info later on.)

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I played about 30 minutes of this game last night (I bought it from GMG for around £11 with a discount code) and it's certainly not awful but, as expected, it does feel a bit generic in terms of gameplay and the level design is extremely bland with lots of identical looking rooms and so on, with very little that is eye-catching or interesting. The game does have a slight Bulletstorm feel to it but it is inferior in every way to that underrated game IMO. Performance is also extremely suspect given the quality of the visuals on display. It mostly ran at 60 fps (High settings with 8xMSAA and v-sync on) but when it drops to even 45 fps then it can feel very, very laggy and off-putting. Enemies seem to be bullet-sponges that are challenging only because they tend to run right at you otherwise the A.I. is nothing special IMO. It's an OK game I guess for the price but the performance needs to be addressed as a priority because the graphics really are very ordinary, even for an Unreal Engine 3 game.

And what is it with UE3 games being badly optimized of late? First there was BioShock Infinite with its stuttering then Rise of the Triad and now this? UE3 is positively ancient by PC standards (8 years old I believe) so it should be running perfectly on mid- to high-end systems even maxed out.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  15. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    UE3 engine had always weird issue, but ye recently it's UE3F which means FAIL. i think it time to kill this engine, say goodbye and welcome UE4

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Game has a new patch, second patch. It fixes things?

17. Marcel

Marcel Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    I do not see any differences

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    From the forums it seems it fixes a few crash issues in certain levels and there's some minor optimizations to certain FX effects.

19. jim2point0

jim2point0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I get crazy framerate drops at 6400x2700. WHAT GIVES!

Heh. The real issue is the crazy amount of post processing and particle effects they're using. Any time there is an explosion or a heavy amount of atmosphere, I see slowdowns.

Usually my system laughs at any UE3 game but this one's pretty performance hungry. Probably something they can iron out over time. It's not exactly a AAA high budget title.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat

It's also a fairly old build of the UE3 engine (~2010-2011), lacking various features and optimizations done to it since then, lack of D3D11 support is one thing that's pretty evident even if many UE3 games still rely on D3D9.
    (Like Bioshock Infinite but without the customizations to the game engine that was done for that game.)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013