Alien Rage

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by vejn, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    playing. having fun. gamepad supported but using mouse and keyboard is rewarding due giving critical hits like headshot.

and mouse is accelerated i guess. anyway to turn it off in a INI file or else pls? this is UT engine at the end.

and having utter deep sht low FPS. dont know why. 2x aa and rest is max..no vsyc..is this game this hungry? odd.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Ye i noticed that too ****ty FPS drops, but hey it's common with UE3. remember bioshock infinite massive stuttering? took them time to resolve it.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    TotalBiscuit mentioned in his WTF is... video that he had to turn off Anti-aliasing in Alien Rage otherwise the framerate kept dipping below 60 fps. He has 2 x GTX Titans in SLI I believe although he only uses one for the purpose of recording his videos (the other is disabled). What kind of AA is this game using? Being a UE3 game I can't imagine it is using anything other than a cheap post-process filter such as FXAA or MLAA.

I have to say that this game looks a bit generic and boring to me though.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    MSAA, which is pretty demanding in DX9 with deferred lighting which this game (And UE3) uses, no DX10 or higher support in the game from what I could tell.

5. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Bulletstorms ini decrypter works for this game. I can change the FOV and disable the HUD. But no luck with a free cam or playersonly :(

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    ye seems game is not that well coded, lot of UE3 games have same issues god how i hate this engine... the funny thing is that multiplayer works around 180fps with 2x aa enabled and everything high...

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This game made me reinstall bulletstorm

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    haha it does remind bulletstorm the whole way, just what i am thinking when playing the game. heck even the secondly fire is the same button and same effect, what i do want is unlocked FPS for the sp just like mp and fix for stupid fps drops, and proper 3D Vision profile.

9. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    how you use? You rename ini from Alien Rage? I try decrypter for Spec Ops the Line but not work... ToggleDebugCamera not working?

some UE games has fps problem if is max FPS set 62 but if i set 60 problems are gone. For SP i sometimes use (BI Infinite, Zeno Clash 2) v_sync settings from Nvidia inspector. 1/2 refresh rate + Vertical sync AFR Behavior. I use 60 HZ monitor and FPS are locked 30. I hate 30 fps lock but i am surprised how smooth runs some games with this settings. Maybe working goog in Alien Rage too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  10. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    You don't have to rename the cfg's. Just open the bulletstorm decrypter and open the .cfg file.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting, the program did work ( http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6124 ) and it shows that this seems to be a fairly old UE3 version, doesn't have support for DX11 for example and a few other commands are listed which have been altered or deprecated by now.

Maybe that's why it's a bit unoptimized. :)

12. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    My quick review:
    It's fun old school shooter. It reminds me on Bulletstorm and Killzone but in a good way.
    Only drowback is unoptimized engine and week AI. Hope they'll fix that.
    It could have had more RPG elements like Bioshock.

13. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    To me it seems that SP is very unoptimized bad codded UE3 engine but multiplayer works very well, in fact it runs on 180fps avg with max settings and 2xaa, it does seems they use same engine but SP and MP are modified different version of UE3, that why when u launch game u have to choose SP or MP

14. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    with 13.10 beta this game is unplyable in single and in multy i can't change resolution.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you run RadeonPro in the background with certain features enabled you'll have to turn it off when you are changing certain options, mainly resolution, fullscreen and VSync or there's a large chance that they will hang if toggled with the program still running. :)

13.10b here as well and the game is working fine so far.

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I thought the point of evolution was to evolve past the point of such archaic gameplay. Memories are fun n all but I really don't want to live in the 80's again anymore so than I want to play corridor shooters again despite both being great memories.

If they really want to appeal to the old school gamer, why not just do a high end remake of Quake 2 or Hexen? You know any particular old game that was held in high regard. Copycats tend to get bad reviews so at least if they remade Q2, all those that loved the game could not give it a bad review without being a hypocrite at least.

17. Marcel

Marcel Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    how you Turn OFF HUD?

I try bindings

ToggleHud
    ShowHud
    HideHud
    ToggleGfx
    ToggleNTHud

...not working

18. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    You have to add those bindings to [AFEARGame.BSPlayerInput]

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yeah MSAA is a disaster.. And the game doesnt look thaaat good either - gfx wise.

One video looked 10x better then this, kinda like by Aliens Colonial Marines.

lol U3E needs to die already! :D

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    It's post processing that is causing the frame dipping, I can run it maxed out on 8x AA as long as I have post processing on medium it is a steady 60fps

EDIT - Not steady 60fps, but much better

Post processing on high and its laggy as hell