Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    am i the only person liking every bit of the graphics in this game, look awesome, the interior ship design, the lighting, textures,, everthing is spot on, i'm a bit concerned about the alien movement though.

2. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Same, I'm really looking forward to this and I hope I'll be able to run it just fine.

Out of all the games coming out this year, I'm hyped for this the most (well, this and Dead Rising 3!) The graphics look really nice, but sometimes it's hard to tell from a video what they will really look like when it's running on your PC in front of you. They really seem to have put the effort into making it look and sound authentic.

Another video, this is 15 minutes long and mostly gameplay, a lot of it has been seen in the other videos though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1yqUXIiGo

Edit: The lighting towards the end of the demo looks fantastic!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm really looking forward to this one.
    Hoping it manages to deliver on what's being shown... as it looks great in the demos and videos.
    My only worry is will it carry itself through the entire game?
    Thankfully they realize the alien alone can't carry a full length game and they've added other threats.

4. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Good point. Will they be able to maintain the scariness through out as well? Not many horror games have been able to do it, but it does look very tense.

5. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
  6. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Good video, I like Angry Joe - he really seems to be passionate about gaming (and Alien(s)!)

So we get :

15+ hour game
    Can revisit areas later on in the game to access parts you couldn't before
    'Solid' ending
    Challenge mode
    Rift support :D

15 hours sounds ok, shouldn't outlive it's welcome and will hopefully remain scary through out that time. Really getting hyped for this, don't let me down CA/Sega!

7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070
    This and Routine ....... space horror ftw!

Routine is gonna be awesome ....same 70's vibe....perma death....oh my!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    While I can't stand Joe, as he annoys the hell out me, I will watch the interview only because I'm really excited for Alien: Isolation. :)

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    Alien isolation will scare the **** out of you!!!!! oh yeah :p :D

10. Goldie

Goldie Banned

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    i like to run and gun in stealth games too, hoping there'll be enough ammo /fuel cannisters for the flammenwerfer.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Thing was good but too ambitious for itself. The problem was that no matter what you used the Blood samples on "The Thing" inside an NPC player would always be the same and an NPC would always change into "The Thing" at a specific moment intime ie: It was scripted so the whole point of not knowing and detecting The Thing in an NPC was pointless which was what the game was built around "Not knowing who the Thing was in and when it was going to strike"

I completed the game at the time on PS2 but it was too ambitious for itself, i feel better hardware at the time could have made it a great game but the limited ram of PS2 just meant everything was scripted no matter what, so made the paranoia and blood tests pointless which is what the whole game evolves around.

12. RAMPAGE572

RAMPAGE572 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 OC
    Alien Isolation looks good apart from the flashlight, which looks like a circle that brightens the area rather than an actual shine, in the E3 2014 gameplay stage demo they showed the player underneath a desk or table and pulled out a molatov while the alien walked by... the issue with that was that the alien didnt see the light being casted from the molotov or even care that the player was their...

Which I think from that the Alien itself is going to be quite dumb

13. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Yeah, that flashlight. I actually like the way it looks, but it doesn't interact with the environment at all. i.e. bending, crawling up a wall

[​IMG]

this somewhat shows the behavior that is absent in the footage of the game. Notice how the light appears to have stretched out as the cone of light hits the floor before the rest of the wall?

14. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

15. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    (From http://store.steampowered.com/app/214490/ )

17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Nice. Was hoping these would be released soon.

18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Those are decent system req but will 2Gb Vram be enough? :D

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Really?

I heard that the game had dynamic A.I for the alien, so that you will never know where he will pop out from, when you change direction it also changes which way it will approach you from.

Sure their is a goal to reach for each level that doesn't change, but getting their through the narrow winding halls of the space ship should give you some thoughts of being trapped.

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I've been playing a lot of 'twitch shooters' lately, something with a slower pace is welcomed, dunno about this though, will wait for guru reviews.