Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Removes the barrel distortion effect too from what I just read on the ReShade forum, might have to replay the game now ha ha. :D
    (Had a Cheat-Engine script which among other things allowed for disabling that little annoyance, was from the DeadEndThrills community but I don't think it was ever updated after the games initial release so it would likely be incompatible now with the patched version of the game.)

Nice to have a decent form of AA too beyond downsampling the game and using SMAA via ReShade. :)

2. jmcc

jmcc Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    I'm a the part when i get the Revolver for the first time. I've not found the alien yet. How much more time will it take until I meet him?

3. aliasIsolation

aliasIsolation New Member

GPU:
    S3 Trio64V+
    You could just make a shortcut to run the injector with the "steam" parameter, and run it at startup.

4. aliasIsolation

aliasIsolation New Member

GPU:
    S3 Trio64V+
    ... actually, there are other issues, and I don't think they are fixable. It would appear that shadows and a few other lighting effects are broken in Rift mode. Even when passing identity transformations of the headset to the game, they render incorrectly. Unless the devs fix it themselves and, patching the VR mode via injection would require a lot of work.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I stopped playing this because I found it too stressful lol...

Alien uses "being scary"...

it is super effective..

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    It is also fairly scripted to generally keep close to you and pester you at various points of progress, mods exist that alter this so it's either "unleashed" and keeps roaming all over doing wtf (There's a reason it's leashed like that after all.) or alternatively reversing it so the alien keeps away from the player instead. :p
    (Well I guess the leash is less script and more of a parameter for the alien keeping close to the player with some scripting for it force activating and appearing nearby when you trigger plot or when plot triggers you by spawning a alien. :D )

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Love this game.
    While I've enjoyed other Alien titles in the past (AvP series) this is the first time the Alien series has been handled right in a video game IMO.

I've always felt it should be survival horror... not action.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Sweet figure what make is it?

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    alien isolation is one of the few games i played that has this instant brimming atmosphere that u delve into it the moment u put on your earphones, the sound design is just breathtaking, i enjoyed every scared minute i played in this game... hopefully we get a nice sequel from SEGA and The creative assembly.

11. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
    You can change the level of sharpness and chromatic aberration

"You can increase the amount of sharpening in data/shaders/sharpen_ps.hlsl on line 67 by changing the constant 0.65 to something higher. Just save the file, and the mod should reload the code even while the game is running. * Decrease the amount of chromatic aberration in data/shaders/chromaticAberration_ps.hlsl on line 32."

Goodies in 4k. Incredible the level of detail when zooming lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I think I keep checking this thread in hopes a sequel is announced.

14. ahmlet

ahmlet Member

GPU:
    980 ti g1gaming
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    The best, most stressful, well executed game i've played in a really long-time.

One of its kind. Don't know if i'll reinstall tho, my heart could barely finish the game lol.

16. jesped

jesped Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070
  17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Complete pack's on sale for cheap right now and I'm thinking of getting it. My concerns are that it will outlive its welcome (seems to be 18-23 hours long) with limited action, backtracking, and samey-environments. Will those be a problem in the game?

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If you are into the Alien film series... no.
    Playing Isolation will be fantastic for you. I love the first film... it is my absolute favorite of the series.

And, playing Isolation felt exactly like running through the film. The setting, visuals... sounds... the entire atmosphere is spot on.
    And then, the survival horror elements around the Xeno.
    And gameplay is varied enough to keep it fun. Be it combat against humans, rouge androids... or hiding from the Xeno.
    Solving puzzles and making your way through the station... it's great.

There is back-tracking. But, it's not like 'Run through area, get item, turn around and go back'. You will revisit areas, but after you've been through other areas. There's time before revisiting locations.

19. aggregatebuzz

aggregatebuzz Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX1080Ti FE
    joined the game yesterday and played to just after meeting the Creature,has killed me 3 times already,finally made it to the elevator
    I prefer to die via Alien over the artificial beings
    fun game so far,looks good in 3840x2160 res and runs smooth
    I agree the sound is well done

20. Teisco

Teisco Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    About the cinematic mod...how do I remove the options window while in game?