Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I just finished it. I must say there were times I just wanted explore the ship and forget about the campaign as The Creative Assembly did a great job at recreating the environment from Alien. The only issue I had with the game is that after levels 10-12, the plot just seemed to drag on, but with how the game ended I hope we'll be seeing another game.

2. Kirro

Kirro Member

GPU:
    4gb
    will be part-2 .. 100% !!!

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    this time, it's Aliens:sulaco ;)

4. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Game is very prone to crashing on loading with the 344.48 driver. I can load a save just fine (from the main menu or in-game) but each time the game tries to load a new area (elevator) it freezes.

Very strange.

5. 3rr0r

3rr0r Banned

GPU:
    MSI GEforce 6800 GT 256 D
    This game had some very good reviews from european review sites and magazines but failed to impress the american reviewers, I wonder why, was there not enough action and explosions? I was thinking of getting the game, but the price of the game and that it actually has this pricey season pass, that put me off quite quickly.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Not mine but thought it was funny.

[​IMG]

7. remicius

remicius Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Ti
    Amazing game!take 32h to finish,because till the flamethrower i was barely able to come out of the place where i hide lol.i did not found the story boring or too long,it was great in my opinion.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I only completed the game last night. Loved everything apart from the final cutscene.

I felt they got lazy with the ending and could of come up with a better video.

It's when the credits started to roll I thought what a poor final scene but a great game.

Any other opinions about the ending? We didn't see much but could it not of been more interesting? All that $hit we went through with the aliens and such...

Remember to put spoilers in for the final part as we don't want to ruin it for others still playing...

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    4 hours into the game and the Alien finally let's its presence be known properly. Thank god it did too because I was borderline bored out of my mind at that point thanks to all the frustrating fetch quest bollocks with countless locked doors and inactive objects I didn't have whatever was needed yet, human enemies who could shoot me dead the moment they spotted me from a mile off etc. NOW I FEEL LIKE I'M PLAYING THE GAME I WANTED TO PLAY. The androids genuinely creep me out and the change in atmosphere is palpable with the alien now wandering around constantly.

Thank god for perseverance because I was very close to hitting that uninstall button.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Still got this XML ?

Link is dead

EDIT - Found it in a backup

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I've still yet to play this game tbh. May give it ago, generally seems positive.

12. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    One of the best games I've played in a long time.

The devs nailed every aspect of the original movie.

One of the best things about it is that there is no way to just 'brute force' your way through it, you have to think and plan your moves.

It has a real sense of peril which very few games have these days.

I've spent a great deal of time in lockers, monitoring the tracker, as the Alien searches around.

The sound, visual style and themes are all just perfectly recreated.

Great game :D

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Still need to finish this. One thing that irritated me while playing was there was no way to know if you were in a forbidden zone. (at least I didn't see any) Example: The first few times I encountered the Androids they would chase after me and tell me to leave. Another time, I had to get through an area that an Android was standing guard. He never moved from his spot so that I could sneak by and there was no other ways in. I sat there and waited for 10 minutes to see if he would move, tried causing a diversion with the noise makers but nothing. Turns out, I could just walk right by him because I was allowed to be in that area.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A must buy imo. Up there with Wolf: TNO in being only the two game that i felt were worth the purchase this year.

Much more enjoyable than Outlast or Amnesia.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  17. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I totally want to be brave and complete this game... but god, im bad at playing these kinds of games!

Sorta the same with alien vs predator as a marine soldier... when the scanner started clicking with aliens incoming i was like "argh, exit exit exit!!!"

18. Kirro

Kirro Member

GPU:
    4gb
    idea ... -

silent assassin MOD .. -

need find & delete all alien sounds of moving ...

:D

& alien will be real silent ....

___

19. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I really want what I'm surprised is missing, an ultra hard mode with the same difficulty as hard but with no hud, no item highlighting, no markers (location markers or save markers etc) on the map and - getting killed = game over (save deleted).

This is actually what i was expecting in survival mode.

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC