Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Creative, but ... promises promises.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I can see why people are full of cynicism.

One thing that such a scaled down game is being made, but one based on a massive movie license and being published by a relatively large company makes it even more shocking.

Hope this devs continue to be allowed to make the game they want as the original Alien movie is the only one I truly liked.

3. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    Game looks damn good can't wait to see how it turns out.

Watching these videos made me realize I have not played a game in over a month...

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Awesome. :) Can't wait for this.

Even though they have a release date... I'm holding off on any pre-order as I'm waiting for a delay to be announced.
    I hope it doesn't happen, but, I've come to expect them.

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I reckon it is due to how much the developers were at the forefront of the marketing. Because consumers tend to be more trusting of the developers than publishers (publishers are just such an easy target to blame), combine that with IP that some people just adore, they put way too much faith into the product and got burned badly.

Hype trains are the real baddies in that story IMO.

That teaser/trailer looks fantastic but man it's Creative (Rome 2 with battle for Carthage trailer looked so awesome in comparison to final product :( ) so only hope remains in me that it'll be as good as trailers but nothing more.

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I was very much in that mindset with Lost Planet 3.

While not a huge fan of the first two games, I did like the first one. So I kept an eye on the series, and I was beyond annoyed when they announced Spark Unlimited was developed the third game.

The first thing I thought was "Spark?! The dips behind Turning Point and Legendary?!"
    It seemed like a horrible choice as those two games were beyond awful in pretty much every way.
    So I was very much against LP3, not willing to give it a chance. And, a friend gifted it to me through STEAM during the last holiday sale.

And I've played about 4 hours of it... and I really like it. The gameplay is simple and straight forward third person shooter, but it's solid.
    Visuals are good, not great... but good. But, the characters... voice acting, dialog... writing... it's wonderfully done.

So, sometimes, even a troubled studio can really deliver when they are given something to really sink their teeth into.
    And it seems like that's the case for CA here. They seem really hyped and devoted to this game. And thankfully, they announced it when they had something to show.

7. Placebo_Tony

Placebo_Tony Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A how not to make a lets play.

Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen Big screen small screen anybody got some chewing gum.

To hard to watch, gave up after a minute.

Cant wait for this though. This and Wolfenstein.

9. Bl@ck_Thorne

Bl@ck_Thorne Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Jetstream
    Great video, loved everyone's reactions!

I found out it is supposed to be between 12-15 hours long.That is a good run time for a horror game like this.

10. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    You mean like "The Thing" game? it had that element, and despite the game being a bit buggy, that was probably the best part of the game for me.
    I remember playing the game for quite a good bit, and during a fight one of my teammates starts transforming and I'm like wtf? wtf?? dead. :)

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Never played The Thing, not sure why not as i'm a fan of the movie.

Really looking forward to this game, it looks like a slow year and it's only this and Watch Dogs that have me interested.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Cause it's not a good game. It's just... meh.

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Hmmm. After watching the IGN 'reactions' video i suspect it's a 1 timer and has no replay value whatsoever.

The game tells you what to do, you go there, do mini puzzles in a certain time or get caught by the Alien (AI).

Alternative ways? No.
    Different playstyles? Nope.
    Cutscenes without warning, pausing the action? Yep.

Not good, not good. :(

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    That's a demo made for the press. It starts a ways into the game, and is made by cutting pieces of larger levels together.
    The alien won't be the only threat in the game. There will be human and synthetic enemies you'll have to deal with.
    Also, they've said that the alien won't attack or even show up in the same places.

I think it looks great.
    Plus, it shows something else. People are saying that this game will pull an A:CM and at release, won't look anything like it's pre-release videos.
    But, with A:CM... SEGA didn't let IGN or any websites/journalists have demos that they could play outside of SEGA. They were only allowed to play the game at SEGA, GBX or game shows.

Yet, with Isolation, they've given demos out to websites, internet reviewers, journalists... and let them play it at their businesses, homes... what have yous.
    This is how the game looks. I worked in CA's favor to not officially announce or show the game until it was almost finished.

15. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlytjPlmeWg

Some new footage from E3, I believe they are showing more tonight as well.

Looks pretty good, a lot like Outlast but with an alien running about. I would be very tempted to preorder this, but I'll think I'll hold off and wait to see how it turns out. Graphics are looking very nice and the E3 demo was running on PS4, looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm pretty sure they will nail the atmosphere on this one big time, looks as authentic as it can get for true Alien universe.

17. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I was more pumped before watching that. Something about that orange garbage can and the ice skating alien that wasn't wearing it's shiny/wet skin.

The 70's feel is very cool stuff, but it seems to work better in stills than in motion. A still shot looks quite realistic to me, but when the camera is panning around that realism went out the window for me.

Still excited for the game though, and that was just teaser footage so who knows what could change between now and release.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Alien: Isolation looks great to me.
    So far, it's been some of the better stuff shown at E3 this year. At least, IMO.

19. fragba1t

fragba1t Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
  20. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580