Alien: Isolation

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by -Tj-, Mar 16, 2014.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nah 700 is supported too and you need these for bad blood.
    no worries.

2. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    This game is not heavy for my videocard at 2560x1080 120fps on max settings 900mb vram use ahaha. The textures are very sharp, so nu need for a texture pack.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    thanks dude.

4. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    really liking it so far, i've sh*t myself a couple of times already

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I'm getting more vram usage than that. I think the lowest I've seen is around 900. Usually its more around the 1200 range.

Anyway, I just died for the first time. Alien didn't even show up on my motion tracker. Just dropped out of the ceiling on me while I was avoiding those damn Androids.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  7. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
  8. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Sli support anyone?

9. Madhatstand

Madhatstand Active Member

GPU:
    Palit 2070 Super JS
    I've just checked Nvidia inspector and there's a profile there with SLI enabled so I guess it should work... downloading the game now so will know soon!!!

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    this would indicate yes it does, look single 780 vs dual. 109fps vs 200fps.

11. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Thanks guys, at the beach in the middle of nowhere in a shack with crapy mobile connection and 10mb of mobile data to go.. Heading back to civilization this afternoon can't wait to try this game(-:

12. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Might pick it up in sale with the DLC! Watched a mate playing it for about an hour and it really doesn't look anything special, so glad I didn't get sucked into the hype and held off on the pre-order, is this ACM 2?

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No it's not. I would gladly pay full price for it again

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This game is getting good reviews from all around. Seems to be much better than Aliens Colonial crap.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well not from gamespot/ign...

16. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    My download is only 45% taking forever.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I got the PS4 version today and played it for about 1.5 hours, just past the first Alien encounter and onto the next level.

So far, I've not been that impressed to be honest and they say that first impressions unfortunately last. The story has been completely linear, there's been lots of restarting generators and crawling through vents, nothing really exciting or gripping. I guess it is to be expected that it would start slowly but I expected that to be 30 minutes top. Honestly, I was getting starting to get bored and it doesn't help that the story cutscenes run like ****...literally at like what seems like 15 fps...it isn't just one them either but all the cutscenes have chronic slowdown. Not only that but the game crashed on me with error CE-34878-0 (yup, that one, only my second admittedly for a game) while it was loading the next level. That wouldn't have been so bad but the game did not auto-save so when I resumed my game I had to replay everything from the last savepoint. The next time I died just seconds before the next level loaded because for some reason the Alien saw me whereas it hadn't previously. Cue another reload and a replay yet again but this time I was able to save the game and call it a night.

So, yes, as I said, my first impressions are not favourable alas and I hope the game does get better because so far this feels an awful lot like Outlast with an Alien license. The thing is though that Outlast didn't take 1.5 hours to get going and it didn't have cutscenes with uber-bad slowdown either. The game definitely lacks polish on PS4, kind of wish I'd bought it for PC to be honest... [​IMG]

P.S. How come none of the reviews mentioned the bad slowdown in the cutscenes?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Installing now Woohoo :D

19. BarryB

BarryB Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Then go and buy it again! A fool and his money... as they say!!

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    Played as much as u on PC, as u can see it runs around 130+fps, didn't measure but since i have 120hz monitor i can ez say it runs above 120fps.

I see ur frustration and u right, the save system is bad, suppose to make more horrorish but it give more trouble, the Alien seems very cute though.

I think it a good game with excellent Alien atmosphere but i hope they do something to the save system.