Alien isolation is a blast of game do you agree?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Nov 9, 2015.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Played this game last year when it came out. It s a joy the atmosphere created in this game, the attention to detail in the nostromo. This is game is meant to be played with earphones so you can feel the ship. The cracking sounds, the metal, the hull. I don t recall actually playing an sp campaign in a long time that left me immersed that much into the game.not to mention the art style and graphics.
    What do you think about this game by the creative assembly and sega which i trust a lot as a dev.

2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    I am still playing it, about halfway through the game I wanna say.Its an all-around Amazing game theres nothing lacking here thats for damm sure! The game is also so well optimized to run cpu/gpu almost perfect balance between the two.

3. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I actually felt dread sometimes when playing it, LOL.

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I think it is the first horror game that actually put me on edge. It didn't rely on the scare or gross out factor that many games of that genre tend to lean to, which was refreshing.

5. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    After the ACM debacle, this truly is an exceptional game and it was very obvious that the devs were meticulous in getting every little detail right.

I can't recommend it enough, absolutely stellar game.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  6. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I got bored about 3/4 the way through the game but it was still fun. While the graphics are hardly cutting edge and it's not open world, the fact that I can get 60fps with 4K DSR is still impressive. Not many AAA games are so well optimized.

7. stalkerfan

stalkerfan Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X
    Graphics are pretty damn spectacular imo.....fits the moods and game perfectly

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed.

It contains a sense of fear/dread created by the xeno that is something that i havent experienced since my first playthrough of FEAR and Condenmed Criminal Origins and something that was severly lacking from Doom 3. Imagine constantly needing to be on guard from a Hellknight stalking you around and about.

While i did intially take issue with reviewers complaing about the game overstaying its welcome in some sections, this turned out to be correct, imo. Maybe it was more the handling of those sections rather than the overall length of the game, though.

Theres also a mod out now (old actually, i think) that removes the alien from the levels allowing you to just explore the ship without needing to be worried about getting killed:

DSOgaming

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Still looking forward to a major discount on the game during the next 2 months.

10. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    best alien game ever made, it capture perfectly the atmosphere.

Now i hope they can make Aliens game that will be FPS game, but include horror moments as well.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    You have to see it in real 3D...you will feel how real and really immersive this game could be.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Truly great! Absolutely dreadful in a good way and the attention to detail is exquisite.

30+ hrs in and not even half way through yet, though I started playing on Hard difficulty (what was I thinking). Switched to Medium and the game became a lot more playable.
    When the Alien kills you for the hundredth time in the same area, there's not much excitement or apprehension left, just frustration. Which is probably the "overstay it's welcome" bit meant in reviews.

However it takes nothing away from the quality of the game and the difficulty plays a major role in building the tension. Alien needs to be a real threat.
    This is a game in which you may spend 15+ minutes hiding in a locker because you're too petrified to move.

Ofc you shouldn't, the Alien will sniff you out sooner or later... my god, I nearly literally died when that happened the first time!

Plus IMO this is one of the few survival horror games which include a lot of gameplay rather than just hiding/picking up notes and different sections of the game create nice variation.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    big like to you

14. DayGlow

DayGlow Member

GPU:
    X2 Winforce R9 290x
    OP is right on the mark about the sound. Headphones and a bass transducer so you feel the alien move around you is just freaky.

15. MainerH55

MainerH55 New Member

GPU:
    AMD 6990 & Nvidia 275 GTX
    Excellent game!

If you are looking for a similar experience, try SOMA. Best game I have ever played. Headphone experience was chilling.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I had a huge, really long post typed out... detailing my thoughts, feelings and experience while playing Alien: Isolation.

But, then Firefox borked out... and I lost it.
    And since I don't feel like retyping everything I'll just say this.

Alien: Isolation is f****** amazing. A gorgeous, atmospheric, tense, dread filled and ultimately amazing experience.
    The best use of the Alien IP outside the films. And a better use of the IP then a lot of the films.
    It's the Alien game I've always wanted. A survival horror experience that actually make the xeno frightening and dangerous.
    Which, a lot of games (and even some of the films) have taken that away, making them feel like only mild road bumps in your way.

I had zero issues with the length, pacing... gameplay variety. I loved the switching between human, android and xeno threats. And using them against each other... so much fun.
    I really hope CA return to the Alien IP soon and work on another amazing installment.

Hell, give them Colonial Marines and have them make a game in that style.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thank you!

Use either headphones or surround sound system myself. Up the bass from the subwoofer so that the floor vibrates when the Alien thuds by and prepare to replace your underwear...

So yes, the sound design too is excellent. Also a part of the learning curve as by listening you can tell roughly the direction the Alien's at and whether it's at floor lever or in the vents.
    Using sound with motion tracker is the key to survival. I often use the tracker to determine the direction and listen to sound to tell whether the Alien's in the vents or not.

When the Alien is moving away from you or your objective and above you, go, go go!
    Meaning come out of the locker and start quietly sneaking or walking, if you dare, towards the next hiding spot.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    I sure hope they do that game with this style. I am too scared to replay the game xd.i want to but i think i will use the mod that gets rid of the aliens presence to explore the nostromo

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Haha, I just fired up AI again as I haven't played it for a while.
    Load save, hear Alien moving in the vents, hide in a locker, see it drop down directly in front of me, hit Esc and quit.

:cry:

Doing laundry now... what

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080TI Gaming editi
    this game in 3D is the ONLY way to play it and feel there.

There was an instance where i did noise, then i saw the alien speed to me and killed me so nice, with headphones and 3D... i checked my spine to see if all cords connected :D