1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air or AIO for Core i7 6900K ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Gripen90, Nov 2, 2017.

?

Air or AIO cooling

Poll closed Nov 30, 2017.
  1. Air cooling

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. AIO cooling

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Current cooling suffice

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Aio leaks is overrated, i have H90 for what now almost 5years and not a single issue with it.
    Was also my first aio cooler back then.

I would go with something like h110 or the new model h115i?

Or better yet ekwb predator 240 if you can still find it.

I remember ekwb said they will release a new version this spring and now its almost winter and still no sign.. all they did was some custom imo not really aio solution..

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    My 5 years old corsair H60 died recently. Pump just were unable to circulate water and causing overheating. No matter how differently I tried to place radiator, it just wouldn't work.
    So yeah, just got huge scythe 20$ air cooler for replacement and it does perfect job.

While having superior cooling abilities is + for AOC, the complexity of mechanism making it less reliable comparing to simple air cooler.

3. Gripen90

Gripen90 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Thank you for your replies - and thanks to the admin to sort out the bad weed :)

I am going to either pick up a Cryorig R1 Universal or Phanteks PH-TC14PE . I am yet to decided which will fit the best in my setup :)