air cooling GTX 260 in SLI

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by studabakahawk, Mar 1, 2010.

1. studabakahawk

studabakahawk Guest

GPU:
    2-SOC GTX 460 768 MB SLI
    Hi Im using Palit GTX 260 (2fans) and Gigabyte gtx 260 soc (one fan) the Gigabyte is the top card on my asrock K10N780x3 sli wifi card. (very tight spacing less than 1\4 inch between the 2 cards. I have the Palit as the bottom card so it can get the 2 fans working,
    but the Gigabyte card is running at about 60 at top load and 42 at idle the Plait has room to breath and its running at 50 top and 36 at idel.
    I know H20 will cool better but as for now i have air i have fan pushing air through the shroud bodies towards the rear and another fan with homebuilt duct sucking air out of the gigabyte card and even have a card with homebuilt vent forcing air between the 2 cards and into the gibabyte venturi.
    cant get it to go lower .anyone have similar M\B and card set up? and solution? ill try to vent air out the back of the Palit mabye its building up indide spilling up onto upper card

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'd move the Gigabyte card to the bottom since it's only got one fan as opposed to the Palit with 2.

3. jed_tb

jed_tb Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5870
    why dont you just buy a zalman fan mount to go over the cards and attach 2 80mm fans to it......job done.

your running two cards in sli right next to each other - your temps are fine considering.

4. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Idle 42 and load 60 , that's just fine , i would even say great.

My gtx 280's idle at 42 but go up to 80°c on 100% load , i believe critical temp of GTX260 and 280 is 105°c, so you got plenty of room.

5. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
  6. Wanny

Wanny Guest

what's wrong with 60c load ?

7. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Thats better than this- Idle-

[​IMG]

Btw its not in SLI, its just Hybrid SLI. CM 690 case.

8. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    edit