Aion (free to play)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Feb 14, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I remember you saying that Swtor is better than sliced bread not so long ago and argue your case with everyone who had a different opinion. Go figure.

Anyway, I haven't played Aion, but I went to WoW after playing Swtor for around 300 hours. And I'm enjoying WoW again, for the things Swtor didn't have. I still think Swtor is a decent game but atm it has no chance against WoW. I can't see what Aion has that would grab me more than Swtor did. My next MMO will be GW2 (will probably give TERA a chance as well)

2. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i was trying to make myself hate wow because i did not want to go back to it i been playing scene pre bc i really tried :( plus there's not knowing what ill say when im stoned

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    How big is the update? I'm on a 40/10 connection downloading at 4.4MB/s for the past 10 minutes and its only at 20%.... doesn't seem worth the waste of HD space

4. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    ~ 16gb lol

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    tbh, i'd rather pay for a good mmo than play a bad one for free. so far nobody seems to be too excited about this going f2p. a game going f2p usually means that it failed and I just don't see the point in playing a mmo that has no potential.

6. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Not all f2p suck. One of them is Star Trek, it is pretty good, I heard. Aion was crazy grind when I bought it at launch so I hope they have changed that. Guild Wars 2 is probably going to be the best f2p mmo released, ever.

7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I liked Aion during the beta, but didn't continue it after that. I feel that way for pretty much any mmo. Only interesting for about a week.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    As I said in an earlier post, it's free in EU only. We here in NA still have to pay as NCSoft still remains in control.

9. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Korean Rubbish,most Korean mmos are a massive boring grindfest and are full of bots with a ****ed up economy cause the amount of gold sellers,all Korean mmos are ftp,thats why they suck hard,there just a cash cow for developers and gold/bot sellers,worst thing that ever happened to Korean mmos was the Demise of 0x33.org.

11. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    For now that is. Coming March, it will be free for NA. It'll be called Aion: Ascension.

12. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    My bad, but it will be on 28th February.

http://en.gameforge.com/news/gameforge

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/news/releasedate

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Aion has good graphics and runs very well even on lower end systems.
    PvE part is also well made, but the PvP grief turned me of, not very good implemented when a faction can camp portals that are needed for more regular PvE style quests.
    Several people pointed that out but the devs failed to pay attention, note that some of us came from games with cool PvP like DAoC, Warhammer and GW so we like PvP when it is implemented properly.

But honestly, looking forward to GW2, at least Arena Net has more room to handle things on their creations even if it is housed at NCSoft.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  14. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
  15. zigihammer

zigihammer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060
    LF Aion EU veteran code.... i missed beta ;/