Ah Crap... Should I Be Worried About This News?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Neo Cyrus, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
  2. VD1

VD1 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 280 SC
    I wouldn't worry about it. My E8400 works just fine and my temps report corectly.

3. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    All of these reports are bad overclock, either bad cooling, there COULD be one bad chip or even the guy could've put his finger on his cpu by mistake ... but from what I've seen everyone is enjoying their 8400 most the time

and so am I

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    Well it worries me because I plan on overclocking the crap out of my E8400 once it arrives. So an improper temperature reading would cause me a load of trouble.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    hmmm..... so it seems AMD wasn't the only ones having issues with their new CPU's. but i guess AMD's issues are slightly more serious than an improper temp report.

6. VD1

VD1 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 280 SC
    I freaked out too when I looked at my temps in detail too. What people are missing is that the temps they see are actully the core temps itself, not the heatspreader temps most of us see now. If you go to Evga forums there are tons of threads on this. I know this sounds crazy but trust me, there is NOTHING to worry about. Enjoy you new chip.

7. ProfBP

ProfBP Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    Actually, when it comes to a stuck temp reading. It does happen. I got a 8400 which one core read 35-37 idle, which is normal for my set up. But the other core was stuck at 61C! I took it back to the retailer, and got one that reads properly. But it is an issue, and not just with the Wolfdales. The Yorkfield has also be dealing with such issues as well.

8. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    My bios rates the temp at 48, whilst the asus pc probe programme says 10c lower (stock fan).

I don't plan on overclocking yet, just need some time to fit my zalman.

9. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    what is max load?

10. Darkfall

Darkfall Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GTS OC 640MB
    100% (or there abouts) processor utilization, if thats what your asking?

11. ice_chiney

ice_chiney Master Guru

GPU:
    Dual 690s
    with the stock e8400 cooler and no thermalpaste ( experiment ) i got 50c idle.. lol

dont know y the heck someone ships a CPU with a piece of foil and places and fan on it.. damn u intel !