Aggghhhh problems with BF2 & Vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Auvers, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Auvers

Auvers Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    Hi guys,

Right I have been trying to sort out this problem for months. When I boot into XP and fire up BF2 its works flawless but when I boot into Vista BF2 runs like sh1t the hard drive seems to be constantly accessed and then my frame rate plummets and BF2 runs like a slide show, I have tried various different drivers & tinkered with the program settings in the Nividia control panel, nothing works.

Oh yeah I even upgraded GFX cards from a 7950gx2 to a 8800gts and still the same problem with all other games working perfectly on my rig.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or know how to fix it? Please help save me from slowly going insane.

2. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    i had problems with vista and bf2 so i just play bf2 on xp now.its a common issue with games not coded for vista.

3. Auvers

Auvers Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    thanks for the reply but how come it works on other similar rigs with no problems including my mate & the only difference between his rig and mine is that he has an Asus m/board & 7950.

4. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 660 ti Jetstream
    Not to be funny, but there is a very good reason why the (vast) majority of gamers haven't made the switch to Vista. It just isn't worth it as the games for DX10 are barely here and performance with older games can be atrocious.
    Have you thought about doing a dual boot?

5. Auvers

Auvers Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    I do dual boot but its a pain in the arse having to do it everytime I want play.