AGESA 1.0.0.4 to be released alongside Ryzen 9 3950X

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Before the weekend we talked a bit about the 100 new features/fixes and updates to the pending 1.0.0.4 AGESA update from AMD. A few more details are now surfacing, the firmware update would become ava...

AGESA 1.0.0.4 to be released alongside Ryzen 9 3950X

2. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Functional PBO would be nice. atm you're left with stock for low thread perf. or all core oc for a multi-thread boost

-Tj- likes this.
  3. diddly

diddly Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8
    Would love to know if there are any benefits for older Zen+ 2xxx or Zen 1xxx CPUs??

4. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Member Guru

GPU:
    GT 555M 1GB
    Can't wait for this, hope it fixes all the issues, like my 3700x idling at 1.48v.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I highly doubt it. In my experience, you're better off not upgrading unless you have a known issue. Granted, I am using a Biostar motherboard, so, take my situation with a grain of salt, but I'm deliberately 3 or 4 BIOS updates behind because I've found the most stability (particularly with RAM) on versions before the 2000 and 3000 series were released. Since AMD is scrambling to get Zen2 polished, I wouldn't be surprised if the 1000-2000 series actually see regressions. Of course, there's an equal possibility that those will inadvertently see improvements too, but my point is they're not the focus of this update.

6. wavetrex

wavetrex Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080 AMP!
    ASRock is officially recommending users NOT to update the bios when they have a Gen1 or Gen1+ CPU:

Example:
    https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/B450M Pro4-F/index.asp#BIOS

*ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system.

Makes sense.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. Alex13

Alex13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is zen2 agesa, obviously it shouldnt be used for Zen+. Zen+ doesn't have non functional pbo for example. It functions perfectly well.

8. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    @diddly
    As most MB makers as well as ppl here recommend, dont update.
    Unless you plan on swapping the cpu, then do it right before swap.

@all
    Anyone having any usb related trouble?
    I couldn't get F10a to work (beta/pre 1.0.0.4?) and was using F6, until i saw F10c released.
    Right after boot i can tell there is input stutter on KB and especially mouse if i have anything running on usb thats transferring data.
    Even when i use a slow stick (3-5MB/s) it stutters enough that i have the pointer jumping around on the desktop.