Agents of Shield, Anyone still watching ?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, May 10, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Damn todays episode was awesome. I really like the people who write these series.
    with only one episode left i can safely say another great season done.

2. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I still watch it. The story is still interesting and the character development also still holds my interest. Plus, Sky/Daisy is hot. ;)

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Not seen the most recent episode but I am still watching this, the Ghostrider plot line was alright and I know it scored a bit of hate for not being the motorbike version it was just a shame that that plotline ended on quite a poor episode, the Avengers style agents working together just didn't really work BUT it did lead to the AVA storyline which has been quite good and yeah was wondering how they would bring a certain Agent back this series and this storyline did it without it being silly.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I do watch it, but I am one episode behind since I am lazy ass to see it on time. And yes, I think all seasons are pretty strong and consistent. (But Aida became in last episode I have seen strong enough to easily deal with Shield, Defenders, Avengers and possibly even Guardians. So I wonder what kind of glitch will put her down.)

Really worthy series: Expanse, Fortitude
    Quite OK: Colony (but you will not like some of main characters)
    100, while good, is pretty inconsistent in quality and writing.

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The current Agents of Shield is decent, much improved over last season.

The 100 I found frustrating, managed one season and just quit due to the atrociously messy writing.

If you want shows in a similar vein that are top notch, check out Legion and The Magicians.

6. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Just watched the first episode of Expanse, purely on the back of having started reading the books, currently nearing the end of book one, which if Wiki is right puts me around half way through Season 2 of the series. Really looking forward to seeing the Navuoo in the TV show and how they manage the whole thing with Eros.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Now, that was episode! Exactly as I thought. Aida can take on anyone.
    It will require quite some glitch/twist to contain her now.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Love agents of shield, though it has it's bad episodes from time to time.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well you saw the end who came through the portal :D No one is safe from him :p

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I tried 3 or 4 episodes and couldnt stand it no more. its not for me.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    He is tough. But how is he supposed to even catch her? And does she have soul now? Anyway, if he gets to her, then he may be able to destroy that body of hers.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    On which streaming service does it run?

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Season 5 episode 11,
    I cannot by a speedster losing arms in that manner. Anything thrown by a non-speedster would have been moving in relative slow motion.

Currently, Avengers should have used Graviton in their battle with Thanos.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Just saw season 5 episode 20. Timeline is Avengers Infinity War and SHIELD's efforts to get allies for the war.

The Kree warned Graviton that Thanos was on his way to destroy Earth.

15. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Do you honestly believe that he would have made much of a difference?

For a few minutes there it looked like we were going to get some AoS that would directly tie in to the events of the movie and potentially the up coming Avengers 4 and then the show went straight in to a Graviton seeing traitors everywhere and the AoS having to now stop him from doing what I assume will eventually lead to the destruction of the Earth and it seems Thanos has been forgotten about now. What should prove interesting is given that we now know that the events of AoS are taking place very close to those Infinity War how exactly is AoS going to deal with the final events of that movie?

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I'll need to watch Infinity War again
    to see if there would have been any opportunity for Gravs to delay Thanos assault long enough to give Shuri the time needed to complete her work.

17. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The answer to that is no, believe me

The only reason Shuri couldn't complete her work was because Proxima Midnight gave the impression that the third general Corvus Glaive had been killed by Captain America while they fought in Edinburgh Waverley Train Station... ps iam going there tomorrow. Corvus Glaive actually managed to sneak in unseen and launch a surprise attack so unless Graviton could have forseen or delayed that attack I doubt it. As for when Thanos finally turned up, he had 5 infinite stones and was quite literally throwing Avengers around like they were rag dolls, Scarlett Witch was the only one that managed to slow him down and I would say her powers are quite similar if not beyond Gravitons. Also the guy in AoS flat out said that Thanos power was way beyond anything Graviton could over come.

The thing s it doesn't really matter in the long run, I mean think about it Thanos could have turned any of The Avengers to rock or spaghetti or just phased them to nothing at the clench of a fist, the battle played out the way it did because it, one: gave a cinematic experience and two: because the ending was what the script writers wanted, the outcome would have been the same no matter how many Avengers, with any combination of abilities you threw at the situation and you now what the result was a f*cking awesome movie.

18. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
  19. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    You right,
    We cannot believe The Confederacy guys statement about Gravitons' power since their purpose appears to be to manipulate Graviton to get the gravitonium.

The Laughing Ma likes this.
  20. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It's also safe to say that they have no idea what it is Thanos is actually up to given that they are equally at risk in the long run, but simply they have no idea

You know what I want I want the guy behind Marvel movies and the guy behind Marvel TV to just sort their sh*t out. For the last decade they have been knocking it out of the park with the movies giving their fans what they want and to see season six of AoS start off with them recovering from the events of Infinity War, having to go look for new heroes to help out and then tie their mid season finale in with the the launch of Avengers 4 by having them show up in the movie, Coulson back where he started with some of his inhuman buddies there to help the Avengers out, it would be a truly awesome ending to the first chapter and first Decade of Marvel movies.

It could, assuming the centipede serum doesn't work, be a potentially awesome send off for Coulson, although dying in two Avengers movies could be considered a bit OTT

Icanium likes this.