Ageia drops the price

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by (IRE)Wolfman, Nov 22, 2007.

1. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    What, I must have missed something, the price appears normal to me now. However, that said, how much is that in USD?

Joe

2. Ahura

Ahura Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT Superclocked 512
    What happen if you get two of that and run in SLi or Cross Fire equivalent?

Your brain would prob imploded and your eyeballs flip inside out, and then your entire body is sucked into a vortex created by your own system for all of eternity.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007
  3. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    They used to be $250 USD, and there was someone called TerracideDK who had 1 and went around into every Physx related thread and acted as a one man army to support it. After a while he was summarily banned...:D

4. cozee

cozee Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 260GTX x2Freezer
    UK Pc world for UNDER 60 'http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0771828856.1198956449@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddmljgldelcflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=423871&category_oid='
    BUT It didnt do anything for me in games that supported it GRAW was the best looking one,but that crap its been removed to allow better airflow..

5. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    Better airflow... LoL:)

6. demon148

demon148 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 512mb 8800GT
    They are at a good price here in the Uk, so I think I will get one in the coming weeks. I know there isn't alot of games that support it, and the ones that do have the odd map, or have modded maps, but then there is warmonger etc, that has full support. Its amazing that alot of console games support the software version, but not alot of PC games that support it. But there are a few games that I want to play and them games I am lucky that they support it.

7. QuadCannons

QuadCannons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 210
    The software version is much easier to implement since it doesn't require any hardware. There's a lot of PC games lately that's required you to install Ageia's software. UT3, CoH, etc.

8. demon148

demon148 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 512mb 8800GT
    Though for the price of them dropping, I dont think it really hurts to get one.

9. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    As you can see in this forum directory not many replies nor interest. Bottom line is they failed to establish any valid reason for gamers to purchase the hardware when very few games use it. Not to mention the ones that do use it poorely and it's sad because could of been cool. Fact is I see the majors as nvidia/ati putting this tech into future gpus anyways.

10. demon148

demon148 Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 512mb 8800GT
    just because there is no interest or replies in this forum doesn't mean it has failed, The PhysX cards are been fitted into some of the new laptop computers. And although drops a few FPS in the games that run PhysX some people report that they would rather loose them few frames in order to play the game with the PhysX parts.

11. thejamppa

thejamppa Master Guru

GPU:
    eVga GTX 460 768mb SC
    Since nVidia will be intgrating PhysX after aquisition PhysX it will be intresting to see how PhysX will start to get support.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's going to get a lot of support. TWIMTBP

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    the world is made to be poor???

14. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    nvidia claims that all i required is a simple driver update to the 8 series cards for physx support.

15. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    for some reason i dont even got the software installed ut3 just works normal

16. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Kinda cool that Ageia merged with, was it Nvidia? :D
    Still, I heard that you could gain loads of performance in games where the PhysX was enabled, so I'm kinda wondering why it never became a success... I know it would have been if software developers had just included it in their games o.o

17. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    For me, it is because i don't have a free PCI slot. I would not think twice about getting one if it were available in a PCIe 1x version.

18. InfernoX

InfernoX New Member

GPU:
    Radeon hd3650
    seems tigerdirect has them at 80$ after 50$ mail in rebate.... their getting really cheap.

hopefully there's gonna be more games supported now that nvidia supports the physx engine with driver.... probably multipled the user base by like... 1000...

19. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    980m 8GB
    NVidia should release a seperate PhysX card using CUDA. That would enable hardware support for everyone, improving performance on software enabled NVidia cards and avoiding the need for Asymetric Physics from ATi cards.

20. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Or just make use of multiple cores, save both company and users money and time too.