Age of Conan officially out!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Daftshadow, May 21, 2008.

1. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    Played the closed & open beta for the last year or so & know all the quests etc ;) .

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    How do you even use the buddy keys?

3. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Yeah, if anyone has buddy keys, can you send me one as well? The sole reason I bought and subscribed to LOTRO was because of the stress test event, where you actually get to play the game. This was the final decision for me, where I actually get the feel of the game. I'm still hesitant to get AoC due to the fact I don't want to be disappointed as before with other MMORPGs. Also the fact that putting up $50 and a monthly $15 on top of that. I'm not sure if AoC offers a first free month like other MMORPGs.

4. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    scatman839, more the point if you had one would you really want to use it?, i mean would you really download +20gig just to try it?, i know i wouldn't and i don't even have a download limit.

I honestly think the game is going to end up like LOTR online, a pretty decent game marred by the fact that it's not very easy to try the game before you actully buy it, this will easily put a lot of people off.

What sells WoW is it's accessiblilty (this is what got me into it), it's very easy to try the game out before you take the jump and buy it, new MMO makers really need to get with it and understand this.

Last edited: May 22, 2008

5. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    It does

6. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    I wouldn't mind having a buddy key sent to my inbox :) I really would like to try this game out before buying it. Thanks

7. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Holy crap you play too much. I was in early access too and im only 31

8. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Because I know someone willing to try it.

9. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    The download is actually only 12.5GB, once you have installed and patched it, the Funcom folder is around 25GB....

10. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i hope AoC comes to philippines. RFOnline needs a good replacement badly.

11. Celeras

Celeras Banned

GPU:
    eVGA GTX780 ACX SC
    Bloom is always off, as I dont like the way it looks. Too shiny.

I found that AA 2x and Shadows Disabled is the best performance/visuals for me. 16x is barely noticeable and costs me 5+ FPS, whereas the difference between 2 and disabled is huge and doesnt cost anything. Shadows on is just too much of a loss regardless, and Character only shadows are bugged if you leave 3d Occlusion on so its best to just disable them completely.

And I attempted upgrading to 175.16, and took a hit in performance almost everywhere. This is why I dont upgrade drivers, find something that works and stick with it. Back to 163.71.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Nope its actually 32GB if you look on the back of the box :3eyes:

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Are you serious? What about the drivers released esspeically for crysis. Or BioShock, or HL2 EP2? Nvidia released driver updates specifically for these games.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Try overclocking you Q6600 and you should see a performance increase Im using 175.16 WHQL driver set and they are by far the best drivers Ive ever used. Im running AOC at full settings with 4XAA and its perfect.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    No it's 25gb from my game isntallation.

16. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 660 ti Jetstream
    Why? It's crap, why not something like Dark Messiah instead? Far, far superior and satisfying.

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    best fighting system in mmorpg to date... im gonna be amazed if we ever gonna see an mmorpg that you don't need to just smash buttons atleast with combos you don't just hit them randomly and same goes with the defenses monsters use and players ofc. graphics mmm best out of any mmorpg. music and sounds very good. gotta say wow is way more simplistic game (lotro is kinda same as wow but in different shell better looking one at that)

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Graphics wise I think LOTRO looks better, especially after seeing your screenshots in the screenshot thread... Gameplay wise, I want more input... I almost bought it today, but I didn't think that spending £35 on a MMORPG is not justifiable. I don't think anyone should buy a MMORPG because of fighting system, that will always be worse and less immersive than other RPGs. MMG are about partying, exploring and socializing more than anything.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  19. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I'm averaging 40ish fps with everything set to max with 4xAA, 16xAF @ 1680x1050 resolution. I was around 25, but noticed I had bloom turned on. I have dipped as low as 15 fps in one area and hit as high as 145 fps in some of the underground areas. This is using the latest release drivers, though I might do a fresh install of them since I just went over the old ones and didn't use a cleaner.

I'm really digging Priest of Mitra class, and I'm pretty much 2 shotting most mobs at level 16, heh.

20. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    I am just about lvl 33. I ****ing love guardian! Its so funny when melee classes try to kill me. Takes them forever. I can make it last a good 5 minutes if I want to.