Age of Conan - Guru3D Guild

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Enozekun, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    -= Age of Conan - Guru3D =-

I thought that it might be fun to play together with other Guru's that are playing AoC. And what would be better than a guild? A casual guild where we can have fun and help each other.

Unfortunately it is not possible for European and American clients to play together but if enough people find it interesting we could always make two guilds.

Feel free to share your opinions and let me know if you want to join :)

I don't have the DVD's at the moment and i just reinstalled my system, so i can't play right now. But hopefully i can get them today or tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    As I said in the other thread, I'm in as soon as I get the new laptop and I've gotten through the first single player parts of the game. I'm new to this type of games, so I need to learn a few things before I jump in. So I guess we need to decide on which server to use? And PvP, right?

3. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Yup, i guess that would be the first choice. And whether we should play on a PvP or non-PvP server. My vote goes for PvP-server but i know alot of people doesn't like it.

4. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree, by the sound of it, PvP definitely appeals the most to me. How many people do we effectively need to make a functioning guild?

5. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    How is this game lets say compared to WoW? I've watched a few PVP videos of AoC on youtube and lets just say i wasn't impressed.

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    PvP in this is great. No matter which way you slice it, in WoW, gear = skill (unless youre absolute rubbish, haha).

Id be down for that, depending or not if we can all get on the same server. I also vote a PvP server. Bloodspire is mostly Oceanic, if that helps... hehe.

EDIT: Sadness, most of you are from Europe and thus I will be unable to join in your adventures. *cry*

7. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Maaaaaajor bummer indeed :(

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I've got a level 12 character, but knowing my luck, it'll be on a different server... Let's chose a server name now so we can all get through the first 10 levels and then let the party begin... A guru3d guild would be sweet!

9. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    We should make characters on a low-populated server. I'd prefer PVP, as this game is war, and ganking is a part of it. And the modes aren't that different anyway.

My suggestion: Battlescar (eu)
    If there's a Battlescar (us), people in the states could use that, so Guru3D people will always know where to go.

Oh well, the game seems fine so far (level 31). Cheers :)

10. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Fine by me, as long as we all agree on one server. Any server would do as I haven't started yet. What races and classes are you guys?

Looks like we all agree on PvP so far though, which is good!

11. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Battlescar(EU) sounds great. I got my level 22 Conqueror there :)

As stated before, i can't start yet but since i'm level 22 i have some time until you catch up.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Any server sounds good as long as we agree on one... I'll just start a new character... I prefer warrior classes... Some healers would be nice if anyone is willing to go down that way...

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    i might pick this game up, and i vote also for PvP server, funny thing is my friend got so pwned :D A guy died infront of him, and all the mobs that kiled the guy, killed my friend rofl
    he was so mad :D

14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    *is still crying tears of digital blood because he cant play on the EU servers with you guys* :'(

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nghhh! No laptop delivery today either! Dell must use the slowest shipping in the world! Can't stand having the game laying here on my desk without trying it much longer :(

16. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    I haven't gotten my DVD's yet either. But i'm getting them sometime this week at least.

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Got the laptop yesterday, and I've been playing some this afternoon. I'm gonna play the single player part of the game first, but I reckon I should be good to go in a day or two! I must say I'm liking it so far. The visuals are beautiful!

18. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Hootmon (37 Cimm Bear Shaman) is on Derketo.

As for guild names, unfortunately 'Belligerant Drunks' and 'Patrons of the Bearded Clam' are already taken.

19. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Getting my DVD's this weekend. So i can finally play :wanker:

20. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    Bumping up this thread since i got my discs now :)

As for the server i'm not sure which one is the best choice. But for now i guess we'll go for Battlescar.
    I'll be playing there so feel free to whisper me if you wanna join me and create a guild :D

• Enozekun - 23 Conqueror - Battlescar(EU)