AG271QG hdmi no signal

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by DeadofNightGaming, Sep 5, 2017.

1. DeadofNightGaming

DeadofNightGaming New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    got a great deal on this monitor with a price match. but might need to return it. the display port works fine, but running hdmi output from a capture card from a second pc back into this monitor displays a "no signal" message. if i plug the hdmi directly into the monitor from my gpu i get a signal. is this issue indigenous to display port monitors? no issues doing this with my dvi/hdmi monitors i'm currently using. thanks.

ps. i realize my capture card is not compatible via display port, but i figured hdmi in 1080p would work.

2. Chastity

Chastity Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 390 BP
    Might be an issue with the HDMI Content Protection kicking in, giving you blank screen.

3. DeadofNightGaming

DeadofNightGaming New Member

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    that is an excellent point and one that did not occur to me. however i don't see this issue running the same configuration, but back to a different monitor on my rendering pc. works via hdmi with my samsung, but not with the new aoc agon. thank you for your help.

update: tested on my samsung display port monitor. with both display port and hdmi cables installed i could switch between dp and hdmi with no issues. all i had to do was change which source was the primary (either monitor or capture card). seems to be defined to the new aoc gsync monitor.

update2: returned the monitor. thanks for the helpful info.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017