"Afterlife is still scientifically possible"

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Vibe, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    You forgot about Entropy...
    :p

2. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Basically it's a theory based on his work. Inside your neurons is what's called microtubules. *I'll post a pic below. Quantum vibrations in microtubules has been discovered which cohoberates this. So each tubulin seen in pic can exist as quantum superposition "Qbits" in determining their conformational states.

To better put it. Quantum mechanics and consciousness are inheritedly linked. If proven true then this means that telekinesis..etc is possible. The implications of ORCH-OR theory is that it's possible....possible mind you, that these Qbits can leak or dissipate out into the universe and are held together by quantum entanglement which is a physical phenomenon. The rules of quantum physics state that an unobserved photon exists in all possible states simultaneously but, when observed or measured, exhibits only one state. ... Entanglement occurs when a pair of particles, such as photons, interact physically..it's in realtime so it's faster than light. It has huge implications for future technlogy.
    Theres a theory that the universe is projected from 2 dimensions, a hologram....if proven true, then it turns out that consciousness and memory in the brain are arranged as a hologram.

"We are literally ripples in the fabric of space-time geometry. Levels of consciousness can resonate from the Planck scale, the bottom level of the universe through multiple hierarchal levels to the brain."

It just suggests that it's more being a part of the universe than it is of you or to say the universe is experiencing existence through you. I take it to also suggest than when you die, all of your humanistic traits or your survivor traits such as instincts for social hierarchies, procreation..etc are totally gone as those are DNA based information for the purpose of reproduction and survival but your core consciousness remains entangled in the fabric of the universe. correlating to the spiritualist ideology that there are 7 astral planes of higher frequencies makes sense when you observe the fact that everything is just a vibration, a rock is a really slow vibration for example and then you have frequencies which you may understand like when you meditate, you may start at 40 cycles of thought per second then on up in 3rd orders of magnitude which increases the vividness of information...well like how you feel meditation does for you. You may sort of feel more enlightened perhaps?..guess it depends on the meditation.

Anyway, theres been tons of spiritualists and mediums over the years that describe what this theory basically suggests...except just on a more scientific outlook.

[​IMG]

3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Aren't our cells completed changed over the course of a seven year cycle anyway?

4. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I am a huge Dog lover bud, I just had to say thanks this made my day very cool.....lmao

airbud7 and Lex Luthor like this.

5. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    That used to be the thinking. Research has shown Neurons in the cerebral cortex are never replaced. There are no neurons added to your cerebral cortex after birth. Now your other cells of course regenerate thanks to the information in your DNA.

Energy after death is either dissipated, radiating into space in the form of heat such as being cremated or it's converted like being eaten by bacteria. Stuart isn't talking about a soul as energy. It is proven fact that there is nothing for our energy to use as a medium. CERN research and the laws of thermal dynamics show this. You are assuming a "ghost" is somehow energy. I would propose that is not what a ghost is....IF it exists. A thought form would be the ability of complex quantum processing bringing cognitive function....and even that may be off. We still don't even know the properties of dark energy so science has a ways to go but either way, if an afterlife exists then it's a part of our universe and therefore science. It should remain a hypothesis and not just dismissed as magic, voodoo science or any other flack that causes further stigma. Stigma is what is holding science back as they require funding for research and no university is going to fund ghost hunting right?

quantum information is embedded in Planck scale geometry. So if a person undergoes a complete death then it’s possible this quantum entangled information in the universe can persist indefinitely. All of us non religious people tend to view science objectively and as being separate from things that are not dependent on the mind to exist. This may be the very reason why we do not have a theory of everything yet. Pseudo or parascience and science would be one and the same, in that they all fit in a model of physics, we are just missing some important pieces that link. Skeptics have been burned so much before that they have become jaded and cynical. Couple that with the stigma of being labeled as a "believer" or magic religious nut..etc and you have a brick wall that impedes research.

The safe way to propose death involves the uncertainty principle, that most scientists and other like minded people prefer due to decades of stigma and how scientists get funded is that your information processed is scattered beyond recognition. The alternative says that instead it's held together through quantum entanglement along with memories able to process information as before...just without the medium. Keep in mind just 10 years ago, Fisher’s hypothesis was dismissed by many as nonsense. He was proposing that the nuclear spins of phosphorus atoms could serve as rudimentary “qubits” in the brain but quantum processes play a functional role in cognitive processing. Coherence is typically thought to be rare and is controversial but gaining momentum but we don't have the needed evidence yet so it's all still just thought experiment.

Basically we may have a wrong idea or definition of what a ghost or afterlife is exactly. But of course so far, there is no observation that suggests there is anything after a complete death. Science today can pretty much measure everything thanks the the Large Hadron Collider. There is no particle for our energy to transfer too....but we are assuming that we are transferring and that may not be the case.

Of course we should observe the power of digital dissemination. This guy here makes a valid point against people like Hameroff too. quantum_consciousness_project_687.mp4
    I'm open to either, I just find theoretical physics interesting.

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    More fake science bullshit.

7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I need a Tl;dr for a few of the posts here.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    the only reason for me is....I think there's beer in the afterlife...?

[​IMG]

:D

9. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Y I K E S

10. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    A scoffer is a fake skeptic. Just as bad as the believers for without an open mind to possibilities and understanding implications then both are doomed to ignorance. Scoffer's were the ones several hundred years ago that used to ridicule those that believed the earth was round.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    When the alternative argument is "scientifically impossible", of course there's no logical counter to that as you cannot PROVE it's impossible. Another point is who defines "afterlife" and what does it mean? That seems rather subjective to me

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [tube]

airbud7 likes this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    At least in heaven I can game... right now on earth I can't do jack without a man up on my back....

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    If there is a heaven with no beer, I'd rather be in hell. Hehe, reminds me of an episode of Married With Children.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Exactly :)

When you have religious kooks on your side of the argument table, and when you think that Deepak Chopra is closer to truth than the regular scientists, the chances are good that your theory is in Deep Chit.

And the reason why Hameroff has Chopra's ear and vice versa is because no one of real importance takes them seriously and never has.
    Well other than the Roger Penrose, but that's another story. Valiant minds going bonkers is nothing new. Remember Pauling and the Vitamin C?

This particular hypothesis is almost 30 years old, and still remains just that - hypothesis. With exactly zero supporting evidence and not only nothing to show for, but never addressing the list of 24 problems, 30 years after it's conception (20 year's after the birth of OR model)

Falsifications of Hameroff-Penrose Orch OR Model of Consciousness and Novel Avenues for Development of Quantum Mind Theory
    --

Lex Luthor, airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.

16. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    My eyes roll instinctively whenever I hear Deepak Chopra. He is at the forefront of the whole "universal consciousness" movement, which I see as humanity's latest attempt to use religion/spirituality to explain something we do not yet understand. He is the purest purveyor of pseudoscience, and a stain upon humanity.

The idea that consciousness continues on after death is wishful thinking, nothing more (it's the same reason why religion came up with the idea of a soul). Science suggests very strongly that our brain is what is responsible for consciousness, and when our brain stops functioning then so do we. We are biological machines, and no amount of using the words "quantum" and "energy" will change that.