Afterburner voltage curve issues on RTX 3080

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Peterpete, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peterpete

Peterpete New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I´m using MSI Afterburner 4.6.3 Beta 3 with my RTX 3080 FE and have 2 issues with the voltage curve editor:

1. When setting an undervolt e.g. 1800MHz @ 0.8V the frequency isn´t locked at 1800 under load but instead jumps 1 or 2 steps higher and reaching 1815 and 1830MHz. Causing crashing and instability.

2. A saved curve sometimes won´t properly re-apply after a reboot. Instead the whole curve is offset by a -15MHz step -> 1800@0.8 becomes 1775@0.8 when the saved curve is applied.

Users in other forums report the same problems. Is this an issue with msi afterburner or is it caused by Nvidia?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

RTFM. You _absolutely_ don't understand basics of voltage curve adjustment.

Falkentyne likes this.
  3. Peterpete

Peterpete New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Sure the first problem is caused by my ignorance. But I don´t understand why a saved curve isn´t properly re-applied after a reboot.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Because you don't understand the principles of curve adjustment. Resulting clock frequency is not supposed to be static by design of GPU boost, the only static thing is clock frequency offset. Base clock is subject to change depending on thermal conditions. And it is documented in a LOT of places including application context help. Start reading please and learn basics. Closed.

Dan Longman likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.