Afterburner - OSD "skin"

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MADFLOR, Jan 28, 2020.

1. orangewoolcry

orangewoolcry Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    did that , that will not fix the actual issue of the graph background being half black instead of the graph being properly extended as it should be , once again , the graph color is only half length , the rest is black , instead of it reaching to the end of the graphs end mark as you can see by the mark itself, the graph doesnt reach it only half way , i hope this is understood now , this is what needs actual fixing , thanks

2. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    with your instructions all it does is remove the half with the black background, ive checked your screenshot tho and yours seems to work , btw im using a 1/7 zoom with fontsize 11

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Everyone needs help sometimes.Yeah mine does work fine. RTSS Font size set to 8,I included download for this particular OSD for my PC that I wanted.
    Video changing resolutions and it keeps scale fine,Not using HWInfo64

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  4. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well as said fontsize set to 11 and zoom set to 1/7 , i get the issue with the black bars as seen per my screenshot , so yes still need a fix , you can try it out to see what im talking about

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I do not have problems and I will not be posting anymore in this thread.

6. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    ok , be my guest , but its been stated by Madflor as well that this is an actual issue , as said set Madflors custom font to size 11 and zoom one level up aka to 1/7 Zoom , thats one step above 0 and youll see the actual issue , but its ok , nobodys telling you to post , still thanks for trying to help out , just not the solution to the current issue mentioned , thanks again my dude

7. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Change the size of the graphs, and adjust the RAM graph. How to do this is described in a post with a "pixel version".

orangewoolcry likes this.
  8. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    oh wow , you back bro , hope you stay , dont get discouraged by peoples bad day or such ok , btw tried these>

Code:
    ZOOM 1/7:

Code:

[OSDLayout0]

GraphWidth=740  (370*2)

GraphHeight=100  (50*2)

GraphWidthEmbedded=438  (219*2)

ZOOM 2/7:

Code:

[OSDLayout0]

GraphWidth=1110  (370*3)

GraphHeight=150  (50*3)

GraphWidthEmbedded=657  (219*3)

both work , now only problem is how will i be able to have the bars autosize to the zoom level , that way i can have the OSD scale properly irregardless of zoom setting , since i use different zoom levels depending on game rez , which are set in RTSS as usual per game .exe, would be appreciated alot if you could help me out with this bro

p.s , hope you continue polishing and improving on your epic OSD skin man, LOVE IT!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  9. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Code:
    PrologSeparator="<P=56,0><S0><A=1><C2>0<C=A0A0A0>0<C1><FR><A><C=A0A0A0>;  <C1><S3><P=135,13><FT><C=A0A0A0><S0>,<C1><S3><P=297,0><A1>%Time% <P=1,10><S4>"
    GraphWidth=-288
    GraphHeight=-22
    GraphWidthEmbedded=-212
    [​IMG]

RTSS FONT V3 SIZE11: https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1723462/rtss-font-v3-size11

orangewoolcry and SpajdrEX like this.
  10. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    yep works magic!, btw like the improvements your working on , got some of that idea from the other dude i recon , nice, hope it incorporates higher FPS as well for example 1000 and so on , not sure whats up with the 0 before the FPS tho, whats its usecase is, and yeah im using the RTSS Font v3 size 11 , already got that one, but just in case youve updated it ive redownloaded and reapplied

11. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx

@MADFLOR
    maybe add abit of Alpha over the OSD so it dont look so basic to give it abit of 3D depth , like this guys OSD stuff is using , RTSS supports Alpha, btw concerning my improvement request for the font design , im still hoping youll be able to incorporate my little request concerning a more digital style , like this with its dotted rounded square like shape spacing in the fonts> https://previews.123rf.com/images/a...9822476-digital-font-alphabet-and-numbers.jpg

hope this is possible, i recon itd even further improve the look

12. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    btw thought about another info addition for the OSD Skin , add in Current Resolution used information as well, since theres games i have that use different resolutions

13. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    orangewoolcry and Unwinder like this.
  14. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    frack yeah !!! finally , Unwinder doing some magic again and Madflor getting his wish , how bout that for an epic teamup , love it!!!
    and just in time to make this into some pro grade shizz , epic!!!

btw @MADFLOR , as ive mentioned before, would you be able to add a Current Resolution readout to the OSD as well , another much needed Info piece for me , maybe instead of naming , just a display icon and then the rez with hz beside it , would fit in perfect with the rest of the gpu infos, the favor would be appreciated as usual, thanks

btw where do i enable the watercooled GPU icon , hope you made an animated one as well , would be killer, if not how bout , water flowing through the pipes in and out and the waves being animated, or such

noticed the following missing from the heavy version tho,

no more driverversion , gpu model , pcie lane speed, please re-add

btw found a apparent remnant from your testing , theres a yellow circle animation on the V Core aka fifth core

btw maybe make the cpu watt show dynamic , meaning if a pc dont support cpu power readout then have the watt naming be hidden automatically , such as my pc, it dont, one last improvement to the ping readout, which is another great improvement of yours including the up and down speed , how bout adding the actual naming to it such as >

ping 34 ms, so people know what it is , ive did abit of editing , would look like such>

https://www50.zippyshare.com/v/jBs6wnFA/file.html

btw , bout the current upload rate /download rate , is this showing the current app that is monitored aka the game thats running for example , trying to figure this one out

here , this is as far as ive got , improved the colors on the yellow abit as well to make it more gold, but removed the watt , since i dont know how to make it dynamic as said

https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/0UlXUzlh/file.html

removed your yellow circle for you as well as mentioned

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  15. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    gran172 likes this.

16. MADFLOR

MADFLOR Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti / 8GB
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    orangewoolcry likes this.
  17. dsyo2008

dsyo2008 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI
  18. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx

hey cool man , not my style tho , im more of a sidebar guy as your original left layout, i do hope you will release atleast an update to it as per my request with the little additions i still require , heres a relist of em>
    1. Current Resolution readout to the OSD as well , just a display icon and then the rez with hz beside it

2. Watercooled GPU icon animated

3. Driverversion , Gpu model , Pcie lane speed, please re-add

would do me one hell of a favor with this request of mine , thanks again , and thats some killer work your doing with your OSD skin , RTSS is really getting all the love it deserves both in skinning and from dev side

p.s btw noticed one little issue with the icons aka the cpu/gpu/ram & Web icon, on very bright backgrounds you can see the alpha or whatever it is inside the icons as slashes, try it out and youll see what i mean , on darker backgrounds its invisible aka transparent but on pretty much white or white, you can see , needs a fix , but thats all as far as issues ive seen

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  19. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    well not one to really bump a request ..but here goes..bump, please really need this as said

20. orangewoolcry

GPU:
    geforce 680 gtx
    and still would love for said request to be taken up , thanks and sorry for having to bump this , but i need this