1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afterburner / Fan control kills fan-stop feature

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by asava, Sep 21, 2019.

1. asava

asava New Member

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Hello,

I am having an issue with Afterburner with an AMD PowerColor 5700XT "Red Dragon". This card has a fan-stop feature, which starts the fan when hot spot temperature raises above 60 degrees, and stops it when it gets below that.

The problem is that after enabling fan control from Afterburner, and then disabling it again, fan-stop features doesn't work anymore. According to my understanding, this procedure should have re-enabled the factory defined fan control, however, the fan never stops again, even when the temperatures get much below the 60 degrees threshold, and it will start working again only after computer is rebooted.

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks!

2. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 570 4GB
    Have you checked WattMan in Radeon Settings? Maybe reapply (disable-apply-enable-apply) the Zero RPM setting there?

asava likes this.
  3. asava

asava New Member

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    I will try that, thank you.

4. asava

asava New Member

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Unfortunately, there is no "Zero Rpm" settings on my PC.
    I googled, and see it should be in Global Settings -> Global Wattman -> (somewhere near Frequency Voltage) - but it's not there.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is not there -> graphics card vendor decided to use his own non-standart implementation for it instead of AMD's one. That's most likely the reason why it gets overridden by native AMD fan control interfaces.
    So either use your native PowerColor's software for this card if it is avaialble (which may have special support for such implementation) or get used to the way it works now.

asava likes this.