Afterburner & CPU Monitoring?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by pajonk, Apr 23, 2010.

1. pajonk

pajonk New Member

Hello,

is it possible to monitoring also the cpu temp and %processes, the ram and pagefile the hdd and something else like with rivatuner?
    Because Rivatuner doesn't work with an GTX470 and could not monitoring the vram.
    So I want to use afterburner to monitoring my hardware while gaming?

Thanks

2. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    Nope, no plugin support for Afterburner.

3. pajonk

pajonk New Member

Okay, thank you.
    Is it possible to put the afterburner plugins in the rivatuner plugin folder?
    I don't know why it isn't possible to monitoring the vram in win 7 with rivatuner.
    Afterburner can handle it.

Or is there still another software that can display many monitoring tools via osd?

Thanx

4. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    B nice if there was both cpu n chipset mointoring

5. JeevusCompact

JeevusCompact Member

GPU:
    N/A
    yup that really sux. Got my hands on a 5830, I use to use rivatuner&RTSS + Everest to display cpu monitoring&temps, MoboTemps, The extra's that this MSI afterburner don't support or have, that I have to use with my 5830. all msi shows is gpu temps&usage,fps. [Showing core&mem clock & fan speed in game is pointless:bang::bang::bang:]. CPU Usage and Temp is a need.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Guys AfterBurner is an VIDEOCARD overclock utility. There is no CPU or other hardware supported planned.

7. Eliminateur

Eliminateur New Member

GPU:
    MSI R5870 Lightning
    CPU monitoring would be useful for several testing purposes in-game, when you want to know what's bottlenecking you for instance....

i also find cpu usage very desirable, i used rivatuner to monitor something like 20 or more parameters(per core cpu usage, per core temp, per core tlimit, cpu vcore, gpu clocks ram core, gpu vcore, fan speed, fan %, system load, vram usage), and now with afterburner it feels so.. empty, and no option to go back to rivatuner as it's quite behind on driver support(understandably) compared to AB

8. GPU

GPU Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780scsli ek 2x655 ek
    -I use CORE TEMPS for my G15 lcd & MSI AB for my G13 lcd works well for me.

9. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    In rivatuner along with GPU temps I used to display the CPU temp in OSD while gaming... would love to have the same feature here.

I'm ok with no 3rd party plugin support on afterburner.

But perhaps the statistic server could be able to read some info from Speedfan/Everest?

10. Perro del Mal!

Perro del Mal! Member

GPU:
    HD5770 Vapor-X Crossfire
    Rivatuner is/was also a videocard overclock utility, and so, so much more. Hence our current predicament. I used it to monitor EVERYTHING. Sad to see it's no longer getting support. Oh well :cry:

11. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
  12. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 6GB
    That SS is from Riva not from Afterburner.

13. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    sry, thougth it was msi afterburner.

14. chanw4

chanw4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 4GB GDDR5
    Rivatuner is a one man hobby project. Unwinder can add anything he want or like in rivatuner but AB is different. It is a paid project. Why would Unwinder add something that MSI didn't paid for? Unless MSI said they want to associate AB with their other product (Like their motherboard, asus doctor for asus motherboard??) and paid him to develop a full fledge OC HW monitoring tools.

15. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    because the work is already done, just "copy/paste" from RT
    because RT isn't being updated for more then 1 year
    and finally because we would love it :)

unless MSI says: no, we don't want it in the product.

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Don't you think that "the work" also includes product support? I won't like to start answering endless "when will you start supporting monitoring for CPU XXX, mainboard YYY" or "it doesn't work on my system, do your work and fix it" just because of one "smart" copy-paste move. So no, I won't open this Pandora box, sorry. Afterburner is and will be graphics card oriented product.

17. Warl0rd

Warl0rd Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DirectCU II
    Fair enough

18. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 870M 6GB
    "personal" applications dont work the same way as "professional" applications .. for the later u "must" do "only" what u're asked to do .. thats how the system works .. implementing one tini tiny feature requires a huge process involving countless hours and documentation and testing and analysis and blah blah .. this becomes pointless specially when u have alternatives for free that serves the exact same purpose ..

PS ; i loved the RT plugin, miss it a log in AB, :p

19. EarlZ

EarlZ Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 780
    Sorry for the thread necro, I've also been looking for a way to get AB just to show the CPU usage as a total.. I havent tried running MSI AB with and RT just purely for the CPU % usage, has anyone tried this ?

20. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    If you want CPU and other various info in your on screen display, you can use AIDA64's shared memory feature and a plugin for RivaTuner:
    http://www.aida64.com:8081/rivatuner_aida64_monitoring_plugin.zip

Even though RivaTuner doesn't support the latest GPUs, you can still modify the config file to enable the hardware monitoring feature (which allows you to run the on screen display module displaying values from AIDA64 shared memory).

Yes, it works fine. I use Afterburner for OC and fan speeds, RivaTuner and AIDA64 for hardware monitoring and on screen display.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011