After install of 9.5 Cats errors and must close

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by retiredat44, May 31, 2009.

1. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    Hi,
    Everytime I install new drivers it's the same old story. For several years, each time I upgrade drivers I get an error like this upon the final reboot after unistalling Catalyst drivers, and installing a new updated Cats.

'Catalyst Control center: Monitoring Program has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close.'

Every damned time I go through this damned dance with ATI Radeon Catalyst. It doens't matter which computer.

computer:
    WinXP Pro 32. Radeon 2900 pro video card. Intel Duo2Core CPU.

After all these years I have yet to find what causes this problem to happen each time I update, not often, but when I do.

I was using 8.11 Cats. I use the uninstall directions from the ATI website.

Anyone every find out why ATI Cats do this?

thanx..
    :3eyes:

2. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I did all these steps, as the forums always say:

1. Uninstall CCC and the ati drivers through windows.

2. Run "Driver Cleaner Pro" and clean with "ATI"

3. Run the Windows Install Cleanup utility and remove ccc and all ati drivers listed.

4. Reinstall the ATI drivers with ccc

Still the CCC says it must close..
    To: ATI: I am on the verge of going to Nvidia... I never hear of Nvidia's users getting screwed on install.. over and over and over for years and years..

:bang:

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I never get that error!

4. kitch9

kitch9 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    You can't blame ATI when you are using a third party cleaner program to hose your registry and system files every time you update drivers......

As for Nvidia owners not having problems, well I think somebody needs to start smelling a stronger brand of coffee.....

5. Gump

Gump Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Radeon HD 6850
  6. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    I think you may have a program that runs in the background that messes with CCC, or messes with .net. But I agree, reinstalling, updating, or patching .net will fix many errors with CCC.

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Are you using a slipstream or altered version of your OS?

8. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I have no idea what you are talking about..
    sorry,,

it's the software from microsoft, I have had it for many years, since WinXP came out..

and to whoever said don't use driver cleaner, well of course I tried it without driver cleaner too, so why blame that...

and I finally got Cat 9.3 to install without a problem... 9.4 and 9.5 gave me errors and closed on me..

9. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    You dont need no driver cleaner, it will just mess things up. I promise Ati Install manager will remove all files! I have even got The Dreaded BSOD from using driver cleaners, i wont use them anymore. With Nvidia there are less issues with driver cleaners, but it seems software devs that make these driver cleaners have problem writing code that works with ATI drivers. So just skip that part in youre un-installing process...

10. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    going back 5 years or maybe more I only used Windows and ATI uninstall. Then as the ATI Cats and drivers starting giving me huge problems updating Cats and Drivers, I only try the Driver Cleaner utilities when all else fails. And even then, they don't help me..

It just happens that most new Catalyst versions refuse to install without errors. I have no clue why. And no one has ever figured out why. The same old suggestions are worthless. The officials ATI instructions don't help, and so far the forums posts have never helped in finding the solution.

I just go through drivers until I find one that installs. This time I could only get 9.3 Cat to install without error. I will have to live with it. I wil be damned if I wil contact ATI I know damned wel they will tgel me the same thing their instructions say. After all these years of installing drivers, I have been working with computer since the early 1980's. It should not take this insane amount of effort.

Well at least my computer is running. Actually, my home has 4 computers.

:infinity:

11. retiredat44

retiredat44 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080-ti 11 G
    I have no problems with ATI Cat 9.6 with either WinXP or Win7 install.
    Previous Cats would sometimes not install with WinXP.