After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veyronmaster722

Veyronmaster722 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970

Do you plan to put the colors back to how they were in 0.6?

I don't mean to sound annoying, but it looked much better in that version and the current version isn't quite as good and given that you are releasing future versions I would love to use them rather than constantly sticking to 0.6

Best of luck with the next version. You're doing us proud. :)

2. SolidSnakeBR

SolidSnakeBR Member

GPU:
    R9 280x / 3GB
    Can anybody help?

3. eljones

eljones New Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 Windforce Ghz Ed.
    Really great mod, looks fantastic. Only thing i really don't like is that bloom, it feels like i'am shortsighted when leaving the car..
    How can i disable it??

4. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    "It’s bizarre that, if Ubisoft had all these graphical lovelies working, they weren’t included in the PC version. Sure, the consoles can’t handle them but why throw away all the hard work? Something is going to happen...

5. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
  6. xs1ngular1tyx

xs1ngular1tyx Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ACX
    I've fixed the ultra textures problem and sweetfx crash on startup. Getting some stutter but actually working. Great mod and looking forward to next update, keep doing what Ubi can't/wont.
    imageshack(.)com/a/img842/2000/rr0ay.jpg
    imageshack(.)com/a/img842/2000/rr0ay.jpg
    imageshack(.)com/a/img829/2581/l39t.jpg
    imageshack(.)com/a/img823/2892/jd47.jpg
    imageshack(.)com/a/img840/2787/2lct.jpg
    imageshack(.)com/a/img823/7647/k73l.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. topeira

topeira Member

im most eager to see more cars and peds on the streets....
    modding this on GTAIV wasnt easy since you had to go through every part of the city and tweak values, but if it's easier done in WD than i hope we can see more cars and peds (especially cars, since vehicles are pretty sparse even at the busiest of times) as a test version. to see if it's working smoothly or if its too costly or problematic...

8. GimmeDaGun

GimmeDaGun New Member

GPU:
    Geeforce GTX550Ti
    Great work The Worse!

Thank you for all your work and effort you put into the game and for making it a better experience for all of us!

I have a question though. What do you mean by changing the "civilian density"?
    I've just installed your mod and while it looks great and I also experience significant improvement in performance also, I noticed that there are barely any NPCs on the streets while I'm using the mod. I'm not sure about the traffic though. Is this normal? Could I change it back to the vanilla setting in that regard. It feels a bit unnatural. Actually the vanilla game's NPC density feels quite unnatural too. I expected it to be busier.

9. ZiggyManSaad

ZiggyManSaad New Member

GPU:
    MSI 660 Ti OC PE
    I'm sure this has been tried, but has anyone changed the settings in the field...

DeferredFxQuality="console"?

10. etg

etg New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX780TI-3GD5
    This works!

A M A Z I N G!

I've been getting heavy stutter (i7 4770k, 780ti) with the game vanilla, the 0.7 mod made the game prettier but still heavy stuttering BUT this ONE! This one saved it ALL! I haven't checked the fps but it's BUTTERsmooth. I even tried to enable v-sync ingame and I know that it says not to but the tearing was heavy, and with v-sync 1 on NO stutter, so I tried v-sync 2 STILL no stuttering.

This changes the game completely. Like someone else said wishing that they didn't complete the game before this, I agree. I finished the game with stuttering but man... This is mindblowin'. So everyone who still has stuttering after using the 0.7 mod, TRY THIS!!! (had to delete the link in the quote because of a newcomer here on ze forum)

* maybe I should add that I got txaa x4 and Ultra on everything except the textures on High, which according to the fix should look like Ultra.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

11. Bhairava

Bhairava Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Hi, can't find the game installation folder. Uplay software says that the game is installed in ubisoft\ubisoft game launcher\games but the is not such folder in my pc. I do find D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\games but inside there is just a .ico files.
    I've searched for data_win64 folder but in all my drives, but there is not such folder. :bang:
    Thanks.

12. vTune

vTune Member Guru

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
  13. kato-secret

kato-secret Member Guru

GPU:
    geforce gtx 760 2gb
    What about water droplets from objects? it is possible?

14. Lumicko

Lumicko Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Gtx 780 Ti
    Thx much for the info.. Going to install now ! :)

15. s3baman

s3baman New Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB
    Are you saying that you're trying to bring volumetric fog or just improving the default fog?

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Would be a dumb move not to release it on both platforms at the same time. Anyhow, Ubisoft are so damn slow that it will take a while before we get it. Might as well play something else in the mean time or test this very nice mod.

17. CD93

CD93 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Thought you should know that this just got covered by TotalBiscuit, too.

Can't post the link :)

18. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    Well MalDo work has been amazing, reduces the stuttering to like 0% for me which is awesome. I think he should make the mip maps for it and this should be ready to be added.

I don't know what ubisoft is going to fix with the patch but stuttering is completely gone with MalDo's work.

About the files, ubisoft doesn't care at all. This is pure MONEY over doing the right thing. Money is motivation if done right but people could give you tons of money to do something bad. Maybe this is the case, I'm not sure though but it seems. Also seeing that farcry 4 is going to be the same as PS4.. Ridiculous. I hope someone will still have a way to edit the default files like watch dogs or something ^^

19. Tim96

Tim96 Member

GPU:
    Asus Geforce GTX 770 2GB
    Go to program Files not (x86) but just ProgramFiles/Ubi/Ubisgamelauncher etc.

20. vTune

vTune Member Guru

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.