After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only_Me

Only_Me New Member

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC 4GB
    +1 :D

Prefer original DOF (sorry) so it's active in cut scenes.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Particularly enjoying the dynamic lights/shadows.

2. scorpgul

scorpgul Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 Ti KINGPIN
    What is the "patch_unpack" folder in "Closer Camera" for? And why is it not in Normal and Far folders?

The instructions say just copy the contents of One folder to the watch dogs directory. Is that "patch_unpack" folder only for Closer Camera?

Thanks

3. wunkley

wunkley Master Guru

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Brilliant to see Maldo getting on board! No one else tried this test yet?

Right, my quick findings....

I think you are definitely onto something here. I just did a quick test and noticed much less stuttering. I followed your instructions to the letter, but I also turned shadows down to high even though I have 3GB (780Ti SLI, but only running one for watchdogs).

I also hate any tearing so I also tweaked the settings to how I'm currently getting the smoothest performance ie I overclock my monitor slightly, so I set in game refresh rate to 75, and set vsync to "2" and frames buffered to 1. This makes the game run at a vsync locked 37 fps with very little input lag, and is surprisingly smooth. And at these settings there was definitely less stutter too, and a much nicer experience without any tearing.

For me and my own testing I've found texture settings and shadow setting to have the biggest/ worst effect on stutter, so I would say work your magic with these texture tweaks Maldo! :):)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    If you use the very handy search function in the thread (really don't understand why people don't do that), you find the answer:

5. HeLL

HeLL Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080
    Thanks Maldo,

I will try your stutter test in a few hours and will give you some feedback.

I tested stuttering extensively in vanilla game and got stuttering driving cars even on a I5 3470@3,8ghz, r9 290 4gb, catalyst 14.6 beta 1, 8gb of ram and the game installed on a SSD. Kadaitz and TheWorse mods helped, borderless windows instead fullscreen helped, lowering all the settings helped, but never ran butterly smooth while driving.

Do you recommend to use watch_dogs.exe -disablepagefilecheck with 8gb system memory? 2 max rendered frames is the best?

6. battou

battou New Member

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB
    Em... No Bokeh DOF in 0.7 normal camera? T_T

7. Neocaron

Neocaron Active Member

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    It seems like ubisoft has started to release a 5gigs update, prepare yourself, I feel like the incoming F finger is going to go pretty deep.

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Where did you see about that?

9. WeSbO

WeSbO Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    it's a 2gb

10. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Master Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    This is the graphics part of my xml that is set to read-only... But when i go in game textures are set to medium... Why?

<RenderProfile PCCustomTextureQuality="ultra" PCCustomAntialiasingQuality="off" RAWCPUScore="1748.28" AlphaToCoverage="0" ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" Quality="Ultra" QualityEditor="pc_editor" WindowMode="2"
    WindowPosX="-1" WindowPosY="-1" Force16_9="0" ForceWidescreen="0" WidescreenFOV="0" OutputScalingFactor="1" AspectRatio="6" VSync="0" MaxPrerenderedFrames="5" RefreshRate="60" MaxDriverBufferedFrames="0" ShowFPS="0"
    IsCalibrationSetup="1" ClustersZPassMaxLOD="1" NewBrightness="1" Contrast_v3="1" NewGammaRamp="1.03" GammaRampR="1" GammaRampG="1" GammaRampB="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
    <CustomQuality>
    <quality ResolutionX="1920" ResolutionY="1080" EnvironmentQuality="ultra" AntiPortalQuality="pc" PostFxQuality="ultra" TextureQuality="pc" TextureResolutionQuality="ultra" WaterQuality="ultra" ParaboloidReflectionQuality="ultra"
    DepthPassQuality="pc" VegetationQuality="ultra" TerrainQuality="ultra" GeometryQuality="ultra" LodDitheringQuality="pc" ShadowQuality="ultra" ShadingQuality="ultra" RoadQuality="pc" EditorQuality="pc" ParticlesQuality="ultra"
    DeferredFxQuality="console" HDR="1" SuperSampling="1" HighPrecisionNormal="1" RenderSplashes="1" RenderRain="1" MotionBlurQuality="pc" SSAOQuality="hmssao" DepthOfFieldQuality="pc" AntiAliasingQuality="temporalsmaa" id="_runtime" />
    </CustomQuality>

But in game my textures are set to medium... Why?

11. xs1ngular1tyx

xs1ngular1tyx Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ACX
    I've used all your previous mods but in .07 I can't see the "ultra" textures look medium/high. I was using your custom xml with previous mods but with this one it crashes on startup.

12. Neocaron

Neocaron Active Member

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    Someone left a comment on one of my video saying that at the moment he tried the mod, Uplay started to download a 5gigs patch.

13. vTune

vTune Member Guru

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    very unlikely as none of us have encounter the patch yet.

14. SolidSnakeBR

SolidSnakeBR Member

GPU:
    R9 280x / 3GB
    Hi TheWorse, thanks for the amazing mod,

I have some questions, and you that always changes the XML profile can be useful to help me.

Inside of XML commands profile had any command like "GPS track line" something like this? I was tried search but no found nothing about it.
    I want DISABLE that track line (not in GPS small map) but the track line on the streets...can I disable it?

@About your 0.7 MOD revision

You say in the first post that if I change anything (graphic, screen options, etc) the MOD game profile turns useless. The same happens if I change "CONTROL SETTINGS, or DIFFICULT SETTINGS???

Thank you again,

15. tanman

tanman Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680
    Probably just Steam re-downloading some files. Two weeks ago a few guys had a similar download happening, again at 5GBs.

16. Neocaron

Neocaron Active Member

GPU:
    580 gtx 1.5
    Because this setting "PCCustomTextureQuality="ultra"" has to be set this way for ultra textures: PCCustomTextureQuality="high"

You have only three settings, low, medium and high. The low is represent by medium in the in game settings.:)

Edited:
    Ok, I hope ubisoft won't do anything stupid XD

17. Mr. Doktor

Mr. Doktor Guest

you dont know what you are talking about bro, kad is banned for 2 weeks because the moderator says he is generating fights.... thats not true, only by the way. ;)

18. zaboleqqq

zaboleqqq Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 5770 1GB GDDR
    Hi, can anyone tel me how to get those nice reflections effect on cars? I tried high/ultra settings but still I was not able to achieve effect like this :/.

TheWorse

Can you share with us your SweetFX settings?

Or maybe someone else can?

19. BradleyW

BradleyW Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290X CFX
    VAAS, your 0.7 DoF modification is perfect! I also gained 4fps more compared to the normal 0.7v! Thank you so much!

Same here! My Quality is at Ultra and the XML is read only!

20. TheWorse

TheWorse Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I really expected more from some neogaf users but what can you do... Last time I say this, Can you do better? Do it! it'll be fun testing docens of times until you get the right result :p

Still testing stuttering improvements, and I'm going to test MalDo texture files to see the improvements as well!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.