After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaimurAkmal

TaimurAkmal New Member

GPU:
    GT 755M 2GB
    Before you read this. I am a noob at this. I just want to know how do you install it?

I downloaded the file, extracted the file which resulted in 3 folders. I opened normal camera and placed the files (patch.dat and patch.fat) in data_win64 folder. Also I did the edit in XML file you pointed out. I can't seem to find any changes in the game after doing this.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Ex3cut3r

Ex3cut3r Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 1070 Gaming X 8GB
    Hi Guys!!!

Just wanted to say awesome work so far!!!! This is the "Watch Dogs" I always wanted :D

3. Lian

Lian Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Super FE
    :banana::banana: Tnks Man!but still blinking the headlights of the car, it is a bug in 0.7 or in your custom? my english is very bad :C
    tnks 4 dof
    [​IMG]

4. Naif0n

Naif0n New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 680M
    I love how it looks! I just registered to say that. But a little problem and I guess it's just because my PC can't handle it. When I got it "installed" my MS skyrockets which is kinda a down side :(

5. RichterBelmont

RichterBelmont Member

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    Just open the file with the editor or block note, and try to write "off" everywhere you see DepthofField values. Use the "find" function to help you to find all.

p.s. honestly, I don't know if to disable you have to write "off" or put a "0".

6. ScHmOOze

ScHmOOze Member

GPU:
    Msi 780ti Gaming OC
    Hi guyz,

Just subscribed to thank TheWorse for his incredible work.
    I re-discover the game now, even if there is some stuttering when textures are set to Ultra.

Thanx again man !

7. tey

tey Member

GPU:
    7950 3gb
    i think its amazing now that you got the game working at an acceptable frame rate for me with little stuttering, there is one issue that may or may not be a quick fix, like all ubisoft games they love making the audio extremely low and the only fix is to turn my speakers up to the very max

it would be amazing if there was a fast fix to this aswell

8. vTune

vTune Member Guru

GPU:
    780 GHz 3GB (will oc soon
    sometimes it will be Quality="medium" or "high" depending on what yours is set to already.

9. sutalu

sutalu New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 660 / 2GB
    First of all: thanks TheWorse!!! :)

PD: sorry about my english.

PD: and sorry about images. i can't post images because I dont have more than 10 messages

And now, I want to comment a posibbly bug with DOF? I explain it with images. I don't know if it's a bug of the mod, or if it's a bug from Ubisoft:

01. First, when I look at to a far object (for example, that neon lights in the image) is OK. The far objects are blurry.

imageshack.com/a/img823/5069/izwh.jpg

02. Seconds later, the far objects are sharp. OK. Like our vision (when we focus our look to an object, the object "turn" sharp. I mean, when you change the focus of the look from near to far, the far object first is blurry and seconds later is sharp).

imageshack.com/a/img820/1817/0lgu.jpg

03. BUT when we aim to that far object with a weapon, the object turn blurry... however the object should still appear sharp. That's the bug.

imageshack.com/a/img822/2249/x6mj.jpg

04. And when we release the aiming... the far objects turn again sharp.

imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img842/1860/pf5ni.jpg

If I aim again to the far object, again turn it blurry. That's i think it's a bug.

PD: I prefer the DOF from version 0.6 (but just only a personal preference). However, I think that a DOF between version 0.6 and 0.7 would be perfect.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  10. Krakenous

Krakenous Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 2GB
    So what you are saying is, that the explosion in general remains unchanged, but the effect may of been heavily reduced for final release?

Damn that sucks :\...what about the "creeking and groaning" and the way the fire seems to move across the gas station, and the car alarms going off after the explosion (also the ear ringing effect) is any of that stuff still there?

I really hope you can find it :), like you say it must be there somewhere...I suppose the radius of the blast gameplay wise would need increasing too, because can see in the trailer, the blast causes the cars to get damaged/glass blows out/body work damages a little bit? That makes me thing the "blast wave" used to be much bigger too, would be awesome if that was also restored.

11. GODzillaGSPB

GODzillaGSPB Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 760 TwFrz
    @ TheWorse

Just something to consider in case you're doing non-DoF-presets:

Everyone can currently disable DoF by disabling it ingame. The downside is that there is then probably no DoF in cutscenes (where I actually like it).

I did so and noticed that with the changes to fog you made, the game looks pretty much "old" in the distance. Like back in the days where draw-distance was limited due to computing power. "Fog of war". :D

So please don't forget to turn down the fog for those non-DoF-profiles. Thanks in advance.

12. Koowall

Koowall Member

GPU:
    GTX 670 2GB
    So Vsync ON or Adaptive ? :) or I'm missing sth ? :)

13. PrincipalEnch

PrincipalEnch New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 770GTX FTW
    Edited: NM there's a new fix out for DoF.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  14. WeSbO

WeSbO Member Guru

GPU:
    Fury X stock
    @Maldo your stutter test works, it does eliminate stutter. You are on the right track.

15. finite

finite Member

GPU:
    Nvidia/3gb
    Theworse,

Loving the E3 Mod, would you be able to remove the motion blur or have an option to not include motion blur within an upcoming update please buddy, Motion blur really makes me feel sick.

16. Nico Dominique

Nico Dominique New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    Ok, after seeing your screens I can tell my sweetfx is working :p Graphics now are ok during the day, kinda meh in cloudy day and stunning at night.

But I've noticed that car lights like to flicker for no reason.

17. SuperOldboy

SuperOldboy New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 770
    Hey,
    i installed Watch_Dog with uplay,could someone explain me how to install the mod with uplay?
    thx
    SuperOldboy

18. aethius

aethius Member

GPU:
    MSI R7770
    TheWorse, really nice job. Looks awesome combining with SweetFx. Keep up the good work. And people don't put that much pressure on guy with fixing performance, etc... Dude will do what he can. :)

I don't have a PC beast, so I'm runnin on medium/high.
    My PC is Phenom 2 x4, MSI R7770 Ghz edition and 4 gb RAM. I'm going to buy more RAM this week. Performance is slightly smoother with your patch, I put a cap to 30 fps so when I have fps drop in city it's not that noticable. Outside of city steady 30 fps.

Anyway like I said, keep up the good work.

(p.s. if we have any more modders out there, it would be cool if we could make only Aiden/other characters to have higher resolution when playing on medium and rest of the world on medium resolution (presented as low in xml I think)

19. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Seeing as we're all using uplay you install it the same way everyone else is installing it (as covered in dozens of posts in this thread).

20. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Thank you. How many gpu memory do you have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.